Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Cross Drilled v.s. slotted rotors or both.

Old 02-01-2006, 07:29 PM
Fanboi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B
Default Re: Cross Drilled v.s. slotted rotors or both.

^ Chris they be teachin' you good shot =) IF I had the money I'd get a 2-piece rotor setup w/ an aluminum hat for sure. This allows the disc to expand and contract w/ heading/cooling w/o cracking. Most of the time blank 1-piece rotors crack from thermal expansion etc.
Old 02-01-2006, 09:23 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

I haven't started the motorsports classes yet..
Old 02-03-2006, 11:31 AM
-DMD-

DRFTwizard DRFTwizard DRFTwizard DRFTwizard DRFTwizard DRFTwizard DRFTwizard DRFTwizard DRFTwizard DRFTwizard DRFTwizard

Originally Posted by Cobra4B
^ Chris they be teachin' you good shot =) IF I had the money I'd get a 2-piece rotor setup w/ an aluminum hat for sure. This allows the disc to expand and contract w/ heading/cooling w/o cracking. Most of the time blank 1-piece rotors crack from thermal expansion etc.

I didn't clarify earlier, but that's what we run on our 240z (aluminum hat w/vented willwood rotors and 4 piston calipers). We also run performance friction pads. One thing i wanted to mention was i want to make it clear that these pads are horrible for the street because you will rarely get them to opperating temperature. i.e. they will transfer pad onto the rotor and then they are pretty much worthless. At vir i will ride the brake pedal for one full warm up lap to get the brakes up to the necessary temp.