Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

What can I expect in Ghent?

Old 10-28-2009, 04:24 PM
Troll & Run

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD
Default Re: What can I expect in Ghent?

I like colley avenue
Old 10-28-2009, 04:43 PM
БЛЯДЬ!

HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG

The cawk
Old 10-29-2009, 05:34 AM
#XV

El Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Cobra4B
If you're over 21 and like to drink the places to go in Va Beach are Hot Tuna on Wednesday nights and Crocs on Thursday nights.
Originally Posted by Cobra4B
Yeah no... let me clarify. If you're ghetto stick to the ocean front. If you want to go where the locals go out drinking Wed/Thurs nights those are the places. Everywhere else will be dead. Friday/Saturday has more options of course.
Spoken like someone who likes to chill with douchebags.

As was said earlier, Ghent is easily the coolest place to be in the whole 757.
Old 10-29-2009, 08:02 AM
Registered Member

CrJenkins13 is on a distinguished road

I've considered moving to Ghent my junior or senior year at ODU. Probably not until senior year though, cause I love my current apartment. Norfolk fucking blows though, and whoever said Ghent is Norfolk's only saving grace is 100% true. Living right beside campus isn't bad for me since I'm just a sophmore, but I'm so tired of living on this dirty ass peninsula. And there are a couple nice (very nice, very expensive) neighborhoods right by ODU, that are on/near the water, but you still have to drive through hood-rat central to get to the fucking grocery store.

Ghent however, is really appealing to me. That's without seeing all the women in spandex, but I usually just go out to parties and what not. I know a decent amount of sorority girls that have moved out there their junior / senior year. The houses (that I've been in) out there are generally nice, and it's pretty expensive (imo) to live out there, so that'll weed out the possibility of 8 dudes from Compton moving in next door (yes, there is a house on the ODU campus that 8 guys from Compton moved into haha. It's a 2br house, as well)

Edit: With that, I know nothing of the bar scene, nor do I know much about anything else in the 757.
Old 10-29-2009, 10:10 AM
vangorder

kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox

Originally Posted by Coldaccord
well I'm staying with my friend in virginia beach, just looking for places to hang out.

i'm very disappointed about the hockey down there though. doesn't seem to be much pickup hockey, which sucks. if there's semi-pro down there I could try that, but I don't really care to play competitively anymore.

edit: just talked to Chilled Ponds or whatever, they have dorking around icetime every day and skate and shoot weds fri sat. i should just join a league down there
hockey is shit down here... chilled ponds has sticks and pucks (not a misnomer) a couple nights every week, $10 for an hour and a half pick-up session. I haven't been to ice land in years, but know a few people that are on a travel league that calls that rink home.

as everyone else has said.. Ghent seems to be your area; I'd avoid Hot Tuna and Crocs, probably not your crowd.

I'll gladly pay you to bring me down a case or two of Molson Candien
Old 10-29-2009, 10:15 AM
Registered Member

Coldaccord has disabled reputation

I'll probably bring some canadian down. if you'd like I can bring you a case as well.

i talked to chilled ponds, i guess I could tolerate stick and puck or whatever. I'll bring my goalie gear as well and just do movement drills, I could do that stuff forever.

Is the adult A league any good? are there private ice rentals in the evenings?

here there is pickup hockey every day at 10, 12, 2, and 4 in the 2 closest rinks to me. then if I'm willing to drive ten more minutes there are another 3 or so rinks to skate at. as well as private ice rentals most nights.

I really hope I can find something decent
Old 10-29-2009, 11:58 AM
ATGATT

marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike

Not that I ever spent much time in Norfolk after work, but isn't Granby Street starting to become a popular nightspot? Seems to me like the downtown part of it is starting to get to be the happening area for yuppies.

Me, I like Ocean View at night.
Old 10-29-2009, 12:00 PM
throwbAcura

dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22

Colley and Granby are maybe a mile apart.
Old 10-29-2009, 12:07 PM
Troll & Run

ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD

Granby is a good place to go if you wanna be bro raped.
Old 10-29-2009, 01:03 PM
ATGATT

marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike

Originally Posted by ShawnD
Granby is a good place to go if you wanna be bro raped.
I'm not suggesting upper Granby. I'm talking about down in the part where each block has two cops on it. Looks like a lot of bars recently put up and such.

Quick Reply: What can I expect in Ghent?