Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Any 757 Hockey Players looking to play?

Old 01-10-2010, 04:29 AM
ladies love my foam.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam
Default Re: Any 757 Hockey Players looking to play?

Originally Posted by s2katin
Yep, hockey used to be my life.

I can get some people to come out also that aren't on this forum... so I'm down to play/shoot around whenever.
same thing, theres always SOMEONE in my contacts list in my phone that is down. haha

Originally Posted by Coldaccord
Also; who in the area sharpens skates well? I wanted to bring my skates home to get them done but I flew and couldn't bring them on the plane.
I don't want anyone to flatten out my radius.
my dad has his own sharpener, he likes his skates SUPER sharp, i like mine a little on the dull side.

but as to what you said before, of course sharper skates are better for the ice but what i was trying to point out is that to someone who is learning to hockey stop, putting them on a little duller of a skate might help them out a bit and kind of work there way up. because duller skates DO slide easier on the ice.

Originally Posted by NHaspenTR
I'd also be down to volunteer coaching a kids team. I don't know how many youth hockey leagues there are around here but that's always been something I wanted to do.
if you find something like that, dont hesitate to PM me if they need more coaches man.

also i'd be down to reff to...

hell just about anything hockey related im pretty much always down for
Old 01-10-2010, 10:07 AM
Registered Member

Coldaccord has disabled reputation

is there a market for goalie coaching down here? I'm not really trying to run camps, but I'd be down to give private lessons. Been coaching for a while now.

Ungh. my ride back down south gets here in 1 hour. that's when I determine if I have enough room to bring my goalie gear back to VA, or if I'm stuck with just my forward shit. nerve wrecking.
Old 01-10-2010, 11:17 AM
INCONCEIVABLE!

MeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to all

as far as any outside hockey, all the sunshine shot our chances without enough cold. 10day outlook is bleak with warmer temps coming. Oh well would have been alot of fun
Old 01-10-2010, 05:56 PM
ladies love my foam.

well there is always chilled pond league
Old 01-10-2010, 07:34 PM
Registered Member

Had enough room to bring my goalie bag and a couple twigs. My dad is shipping my pads down Tuesday
Old 01-10-2010, 09:15 PM
Registered member

NHaspenTR has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Mr. Projekt
Let me know more info on this. Also, Id be interested in your dad sharpening my skates, as I love my skates sharp.

My work schedule might only allow me to play once in a while on a team, but Id be happy to be a back up. I could also try to switch to days.
Old 01-11-2010, 02:15 AM
INCONCEIVABLE!

MeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Mr. Projekt
im working on it, but id like to improve enough so that I can atleast be in the b league and not the C.

Which level are you in?
Old 01-11-2010, 04:28 AM
ladies love my foam.

Originally Posted by Coldaccord
Had enough room to bring my goalie bag and a couple twigs. My dad is shipping my pads down Tuesday

Originally Posted by NHaspenTR
Let me know more info on this. Also, Id be interested in your dad sharpening my skates, as I love my skates sharp.

My work schedule might only allow me to play once in a while on a team, but Id be happy to be a back up. I could also try to switch to days.
ok sounds good. the games are mostly on thursday nights.

Originally Posted by MeanGreenGSX
im working on it, but id like to improve enough so that I can atleast be in the b league and not the C.

Which level are you in?
i've played B and C.
i had a group of guys that we got together and decided to make a team, so our different skill levels (some were advanced and others not so advanced) so we went to C league and had a blast, it was fun for me and 2 of my buddies that were decent because it was competitive but we were obviously better. plus the C league has some good players in it as well that just are looking for a not very serious beer league.

B league, a the competition is about average. players a good set of basic skill sets and fundamentals.

A league is your more advanced, obviously talented players (a lot of ex college hockey players, even had an ex NHL'er in there a couple years ago)
Old 01-11-2010, 05:12 AM
Registered Member

A league is weird. Def some talent, we have an ex ahl'er and an ex chl'er on my team. But a lot of the teams dont play well as a team, including my own
Old 01-11-2010, 05:49 AM
Registered member

NHaspenTR has disabled reputation

A league sounds like my league back home. Lots of talent but everyone wants to be an individual.

Quick Reply: Any 757 Hockey Players looking to play?