Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Saw new cop car today on Warick blvd

Old 08-24-2004, 06:44 PM
ungezogen mench

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Saint_James is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Saw new cop car today on Warick blvd

Yeah, it's starting to get a bit ridiculous. I was on Ft. Eustis blvd. the other day and a car was stranded on the york co. side. I couldn't stop to help myself b/c I was late for work and in a rush, but as I turn off onto 17, the car behind me was that red ram 1500, and I noticed that a cop was in the seat with uniform on. Are they so worried about speeders and trapping people that they won't help anyone out now? I thought cops had to stop and turn on flashers if there was a stranded motorist on the side. I did think that was a bit fucked up.
Old 08-24-2004, 06:53 PM
ungezogen mench

Originally Posted by fc735
the bottom line is that laws are there for a reason, and most people get pissed off when they get caught doing something illegal (that whole "that guy was doing it too" thing comes to mind....wanna jump off a bridge? ) simply because they were "doing what everyone else was doing" and yet they were targeted.

Yet I have seen many of these unmarked cars with alot of illegal objects in them. They give us tickets for tint being so dark, when they have darker tint on the car they pulled you in. I've seen some dark ass tint on these unmarkeds. And I'm sure everyone has seen many a cop, turn on his flashers to go through a red light, only to turn them off afterwards and keep going.

Hmm..........."let he who does not sin, cast the first stone."
Old 08-24-2004, 07:10 PM
DA LEPRAHKAHNZ GOLLD

TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt

all these people are just pissed its not as easy to get away with, but also the 98 GT trying to race, if he does it then he is breaking the law also, if you had a lawyer the case would NEVER hold up in court, him revving his engine is agressive driving, you can not break the law to enforce it, even in a communist wealth.
Old 08-24-2004, 07:12 PM
DA LEPRAHKAHNZ GOLLD

TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt

^^ although i do think it a bit pathetic to put all this money in to under cover cars just to ticket people, isnt there better things they could be moving forward to? instead of sneaky cars..?
Old 08-24-2004, 08:05 PM
ungezogen mench

Originally Posted by TheGentleArt
^^ although i do think it a bit pathetic to put all this money in to under cover cars just to ticket people, isnt there better things they could be moving forward to? instead of sneaky cars..?

Obviously not.
Old 08-24-2004, 08:31 PM
THE FIASCO

blasko is on a distinguished road

also lots of cops drive theyre own cars and take the portable lights with them.

the cop in my neighborhood sometimes drives his stang, his jeep, and even his 87 toyota truck.
Old 08-24-2004, 09:21 PM
RS Doscientos

litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic

In Louisiana the cops are doin the oppisite. They arnt pulling over the common law breakers, because that hasnt worked the past 10 years to stop it. They are starting to pull over the idiots in the left lane just cruising. That way the people that zig zag and cut others off and just create a mass accident prone area can simply go 80 in the left lane and not worry about idiots cruising at 55 there. Theres a bright idea.

And can you'll just stop and listen to yourselves. Its like were in highschool again and you'll are complaining that they asked the goody goody's to report you'll for smoking in the bathroom. Or even pour water on the people they see smoking.

OMG THEY TOOK 5 MINUTES OUR LUNCH THIS YEAR!!! L ET ME GO CRY.
Old 08-24-2004, 09:39 PM
boom tick boom tick

Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum

in new orleans like as soon as you get into it.. theres this cop car thats parked on the side of the road, they had a dummy in it for a while just sitting there to trick tourists into slowing down... its been there like my whole life haha and the car has changed a couple times to a newer one.
Old 08-24-2004, 09:51 PM
Try searching!

vbgsx has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by CIVICSMOKE
I Saw A New Hummer With Blue Lights And Virginia Beach Mariene Patrol On The Side ......see What These Bastards Are Doing With Are Tax Money
Where have you been? The Hummer in Va Bch has been discussed multiple times before. It was donated/leased to the city by the Hummer dealership here. They use it as a recruiting vehicle in parades and such. Just like the fire department has a Monster truck fire engine.

For that matter, watch the news. Homeland Security shelled out a ton of money to Va Beach to buy a couple new boats, etc, etc for security concerns. Wouldn't surprise me if another hummer showed up to move the boats and haul other security equipment

Originally Posted by Saint_James
Yet I have seen many of these unmarked cars with alot of illegal objects in them. They give us tickets for tint being so dark, when they have darker tint on the car they pulled you in. I've seen some dark ass tint on these unmarkeds. And I'm sure everyone has seen many a cop, turn on his flashers to go through a red light, only to turn them off afterwards and keep going.

Hmm..........."let he who does not sin, cast the first stone."
hmmmm....."let he who looks up the state codes for emergency vehicles and tint laws learn something"

If you look up the state code, you'll learn that Police vehicles are exempt from many laws like tint.

Oh and if they're not trying to let someone know that they're coming(heading to a case)(or a race..haha), they will turn off the lights and sirens at least a mile or so away. Makes sense to me...lights and sirens would tell me to run like hell...hahahaha But I'm also not saying some of them haven't abuse it also. Just playing devils advocate

Originally Posted by TheGentleArt
all these people are just pissed its not as easy to get away with, but also the 98 GT trying to race, if he does it then he is breaking the law also, if you had a lawyer the case would NEVER hold up in court, him revving his engine is agressive driving, you can not break the law to enforce it, even in a communist wealth.
Oh yeah? So explain how undercover officers can buy dope from someone and then arrest them. Or sell it and then arrest the suspect that bought it from them? Or by the above logic, they couldn't break the speed limit to catch you or to pace you for speeding.

Use some common sence here. It was just a matter of time before cars other than the traditional unmarked ones started hitting the streets. It would be stupid of them not to adapt. I'd bet that a lot(not all) of the cars you guys are seeing with Cops in them, are the Officers personal vehicles. BUT just remember, even in their own vehicles, they still have law enforcement powers.

Last edited by vbgsx; 08-24-2004 at 10:24 PM.
Old 08-25-2004, 08:36 AM
ungezogen mench

Originally Posted by vbgsx
Where have you been? The Hummer in Va Bch has been discussed multiple times before. It was donated/leased to the city by the Hummer dealership here. They use it as a recruiting vehicle in parades and such. Just like the fire department has a Monster truck fire engine.

For that matter, watch the news. Homeland Security shelled out a ton of money to Va Beach to buy a couple new boats, etc, etc for security concerns. Wouldn't surprise me if another hummer showed up to move the boats and haul other security equipment

hmmmm....."let he who looks up the state codes for emergency vehicles and tint laws learn something"

If you look up the state code, you'll learn that Police vehicles are exempt from many laws like tint.

Oh and if they're not trying to let someone know that they're coming(heading to a case)(or a race..haha), they will turn off the lights and sirens at least a mile or so away. Makes sense to me...lights and sirens would tell me to run like hell...hahahaha But I'm also not saying some of them haven't abuse it also. Just playing devils advocate

Oh yeah? So explain how undercover officers can buy dope from someone and then arrest them. Or sell it and then arrest the suspect that bought it from them? Or by the above logic, they couldn't break the speed limit to catch you or to pace you for speeding.

Use some common sence here. It was just a matter of time before cars other than the traditional unmarked ones started hitting the streets. It would be stupid of them not to adapt. I'd bet that a lot(not all) of the cars you guys are seeing with Cops in them, are the Officers personal vehicles. BUT just remember, even in their own vehicles, they still have law enforcement powers.

Yeah, uhh smart guy. I didn't know the state law about the tint. But if an emergency vehicle is responding to a serious call, they will get through traffic as quickly as possible. Not at 6pm wanting to evade the light so he flashes his flashers and pulls into Taco Bell. Police do bend the laws very heavily in their favor all the time, yet citizens are held to the highest reguard. And a personal vehicle should not be used as an emergency vehicle, but if it is, it should do the same things that one should. i.e. stop for stranded motorists on the road ( I still couldn't believe that one).

And any cop that breaks the law has to have physical proof that he/she is doing so. That means that they have to be videotaped the entire time or wired. They have to prove what they said so it can be held up in court.

Quick Reply: Saw new cop car today on Warick blvd