Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Western Off Topic

Old 04-23-2012, 05:17 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Western Off Topic

Anyone in need of a b/d series vtec distributor?
Old 04-23-2012, 05:36 PM
2doors plus 2.

Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors

I believe he does have 15 days with a failed inspection ticket, cops don't care to write tickets for that shit because its gets dropped in court to easily.
Old 04-23-2012, 05:58 PM
Registered Member

boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer

As long as it's within the 15 day period you can't get a ticket for it.
Old 04-23-2012, 06:04 PM
Go Team Marlboro

BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo

Actually, the 15 day period is strictly for you to go to or from a shop to have it fixed. It's not allowing you to just drive as you please for 15 days.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:08 PM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Ahhh,the wonders of the internets....Taken straight from the VA State Police website:
Can I operate my vehicle with a rejection sticker on the windshield?
The validity period of a rejection sticker shall be 15 days, in addition to the day of inspection.

The purpose of a rejection sticker is to replace the approval sticker that was originally on your vehicle’s windshield. It, in itself, places no travel restrictions on the vehicle; however, it does not provide any exception to any statute governing equipment defects.

As an example, if your vehicle was rejected due to a defective exhaust, with a rejection sticker or with an approval sticker, you would be in jeopardy of receiving a summons for operating the vehicle on the highway with defective exhaust.
Old 04-24-2012, 02:31 AM
2doors plus 2.

Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors

Originally Posted by TNGChris:7750009
null
This.

I was going to do this when I got home from work but you beat me to it
Old 04-24-2012, 03:02 PM
Go Team Marlboro

BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo

Wow, I'll have to take a look at the new book we have, last I saw it wasn't legal to ride on a reject unless to/from repairs. Obviously that is no longer the case!
Old 04-24-2012, 04:56 PM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Originally Posted by BSeriesTurbo
Wow, I'll have to take a look at the new book we have, last I saw it wasn't legal to ride on a reject unless to/from repairs. Obviously that is no longer the case!
That's the way I interpreted it though,even if the wording is now different.Basically,whatever is illegal on your car to make it fail inspection is not exempt from a ticket just because you're within the 15 day rejection sticker period.If you get pulled over you can still get a ticket for the illegal item,so essentially it's illegal to drive the car until it's fixed and inspected.I'd assume a cop would let you slide if you're going to get it fixed and/or re-inspected.
Old 04-24-2012, 05:33 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by TNGChris
That's the way I interpreted it though,even if the wording is now different.Basically,whatever is illegal on your car to make it fail inspection is not exempt from a ticket just because you're within the 15 day rejection sticker period.If you get pulled over you can still get a ticket for the illegal item,so essentially it's illegal to drive the car until it's fixed and inspected.I'd assume a cop would let you slide if you're going to get it fixed and/or re-inspected.
Yes, you can be ticketed for it but chances are very good that you could go to court and have the judge throw it out if you've fixed it by that court date. Never the less, not worth the hassle.
Old 04-25-2012, 03:59 AM
Registered member

Originally Posted by VanillaThrilla
Yes, you can be ticketed for it but chances are very good that you could go to court and have the judge throw it out if you've fixed it by that court date. Never the less, not worth the hassle.
Exactly-not worth it either way.
Make sure your shit is right beforehand(and taking it somewhere "friendly" doesn't hurt either),and if it does get rejected,fix it immediately.

Quick Reply: Western Off Topic