Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

PINKS PART II

Old 09-18-2006 | 05:34 AM
Registered Member

gixxerboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: PINKS PART II

pinks was ok... I think I want to build a car and race on pinks now...lol... The other show activities were kinda stupid though... I wish it were more races for pinks.
Old 09-18-2006 | 06:42 AM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

I'd be more impressed if the racers brought what they said they would bring. If the bracket is for mid-10 second cars and you show up with a truck that runs 9 seconds on motor without using the nitrous, that's not exactly being honest about the vehicle's abilities. "that's what the negotiations are for, blah blah blah..." No. You can let off and tease as much as you want and still turn every race into your favor if you're that much faster.
Old 09-18-2006 | 07:01 AM
Registered Member

Frost Frost Frost Frost Frost Frost Frost Frost Frost Frost Frost

Originally Posted by Not Stock
I'd be more impressed if the racers brought what they said they would bring. If the bracket is for mid-10 second cars and you show up with a truck that runs 9 seconds on motor without using the nitrous, that's not exactly being honest about the vehicle's abilities. "that's what the negotiations are for, blah blah blah..." No. You can let off and tease as much as you want and still turn every race into your favor if you're that much faster.
Sure cause in a real street race you have to be honest about what your can do too... The competetion has the option of declining before signing AFTER they have looked over the other vehicle...
Old 09-18-2006 | 07:20 AM
yea, i'm that guy

fatboyee has disabled reputation

well... on one hand, i side with richard - if you agree to bring one thing and show with another, you've already cheated.

but on the other hand, as frost said, street racing is full of the same crap.

however: since nate is the technical director/casting director or whatever, he should have done a better job of 1) scouting the cars (b/c that falcon was VERY unimpressive) and 2) lining up more potential races... some fall backs if you will.

i mean, yea, it's cool that he built a car in 6 days (ya right) but he should not have had to go to all that trouble. from what i understand there are tons of people submitting apps daily.... anybody WILLING to potentially lose their schidt should be atleast considered, even in brief, when setting up an event
Old 09-18-2006 | 07:23 AM
Registered Member

Frost Frost Frost Frost Frost Frost Frost Frost Frost Frost Frost

I totally understand where he's [Richard's] coming from, it's just supposed to be the same as "tha streetz yoz"... ...and yeah, Nate should catch the bitchslap because the matchups are ultimately up to him.
Old 09-18-2006 | 07:38 AM
yea, i'm that guy

/\ agreed
Old 09-18-2006 | 07:48 AM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

Very true, with all of those cars there and all of the local applications, am sure someone would have stepped up. Crawling out 8 lengths to try to get a close race isn't what the crowd wants to see -- everyone wants to watch heads up races. I don't mind watching some slower cars go down the track.

The cars certainly need to be better gauged for their abilities for closer match ups. Since the guy who lost was in charge of arranging those races, not much to say on his part other than he will probably have better estimates in the future from other than just the owners' claims on the application as to the car's abilities. That S10 supposedly put down "mid-10 seconds" on the application. Now that's seriously fucked up, imho.
Old 09-18-2006 | 07:59 AM
yea, i'm that guy

im thinking 12:1ish compression in a 430ish ci windsor... good set of heads and a glide in a 2200lb truck.... 9.80s on motor if not quicker...

imo of course
Old 09-18-2006 | 08:11 AM
Stroked N Blown

BlownPony is an unknown quantity at this point

After it was over I walked over and checked the truck out. I heard one of the guys say they had got the pistons off of ebay couldn't really tell what kind of heads it had b/c it was dark. They built a nice truck looking at it you would have never guessed it ran so fast. Had a junk yard oil pan on it.

The falcon was a waste of time nice paint job but other than that.
Old 09-18-2006 | 11:01 AM
Registered Member

gixxerboy is an unknown quantity at this point

this is all true the cars are so not matched..... I would rather see motor to motor racing no spray... thats true street racing old skool style.. is anyone else with me... no tree is fine with me.

Quick Reply: PINKS PART II