Notices
NOVA/DC/MD We've expanded our NOVA forum to include the Greater DC Metro area as well as southern Maryland. Come on in and join our community!

laws.. ?

Old 12-02-2008, 11:59 AM
Cyber Bully

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JSPITZ can only hope to improve
Default Re: laws.. ?

Originally Posted by TRU
You make all gun owners look bad. .
No..... he makes gun owners from VA look bad
Old 12-02-2008, 12:04 PM
Cyber Bully

JSPITZ can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by 4SFED4
Notice public place, if you are on or inside your property or place of residence you can hold a person at gun point until police arrive. However you cannot legally shoot them unless you are threatened with a weapon or show signs of physical contact where the criminal tried to assault you before you pulled out a weapon. The only grey area that could cause a problem is if you live within 1000ft of a school. It is also illegal to shoot a fleeing person regardless of a threat, on or off your property.

With a castle doctrine passing the General Assembly this year only to be vetoed by our asshole governor, I have hopes for a Republican gov being elected this year that may pass it in 2010. The Dem candidate that Kane is supporting is more anti-gun then he is, so it is safe to say he won't get my vote.

Its a sad world we live in where criminals have more rights than those of us who abide by the law. Anti-gun people say loose gun regulations will result in going back to the wild west, but at least back then people respected one another for the most part. Stealing someone's horse was also punishable by death, in these days a car is similar to the same.
agreed
Old 12-02-2008, 04:28 PM
ATGATT

marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike

If it makes you guys feel any better, part of the reason Caslte Doctrine has been rejected in VA is that there hasn't been an instance yet where it was needed. Now, I don't see it that way. Going to trial is costly (of time if not of money), so just because nobody has been convicted doesn't mean the law shouldn't be made. At any rate, I suppose it's better than if Castle Doctrine had been rejected and the juries had been convicting people.
Old 12-02-2008, 05:30 PM
loved by all

ForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these parts

wth is castle doctrine?
Old 12-02-2008, 06:36 PM
DSM builder/tuner

4SFED4 is on a distinguished road

A castle doctrine protects a person protecting themselves, family or property based on how the state outlines it. Some states only allow you to protect people, others like Texas allow you to protect property even in public.

Basically if someone breaks in your house and they see you with a gun and start running, you can chase them and shoot them down. Also unlike VA you can just wound them and not have to kill them.

The doctrine prevents the perp or their family from getting any civil or criminal charges press against you if they were breaking the law at the time you engaged them. So therefore if you are protecting you family from a burglar regardless of what his story or reasoning is you don't even get a court date. It saves the law abiding citizens an ass load of money and time fighting in court for what the law outlines as justified to begin with.
Old 12-02-2008, 07:29 PM
HNIC

Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker.

Originally Posted by IEAT50S
§ 18.2-282. Pointing, holding, or brandishing firearm, air or gas operated weapon or object similar in appearance; penalty.

A. It shall be unlawful for any person to point, hold or brandish any firearm or any air or gas operated weapon or any object similar in appearance, whether capable of being fired or not, in such manner as to reasonably induce fear in the mind of another or hold a firearm or any air or gas operated weapon in a public place in such a manner as to reasonably induce fear in the mind of another of being shot or injured. However, this section shall not apply to any person engaged in excusable or justifiable self-defense. Persons violating the provisions of this section shall be guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor or, if the violation occurs upon any public, private or religious elementary, middle or high school, including buildings and grounds or upon public property within 1,000 feet of such school property, he shall be guilty of a Class 6 felony.

B. Any police officer in the performance of his duty, in making an arrest under the provisions of this section, shall not be civilly liable in damages for injuries or death resulting to the person being arrested if he had reason to believe that the person being arrested was pointing, holding, or brandishing such firearm or air or gas operated weapon, or object that was similar in appearance, with intent to induce fear in the mind of another.

C. For purposes of this section, the word "firearm" means any weapon that will or is designed to or may readily be converted to expel single or multiple projectiles by the action of an explosion of a combustible material. The word "ammunition," as used herein, shall mean a cartridge, pellet, ball, missile or projectile adapted for use in a firearm.

I might be willing to do that if someone was stealing my car but I'd have the police on the phone and inform them as well..it would really depend on the situation. I don't think you'd get charged but by law your not allowed to protect your property in VA(with a gun). You can perform a citizens arrest when someone is committing a felony (car theft)
just bring out a bow. shoot that bitch with an arrow. i see nothing there about that.

( sure there is something though somewhere )
Old 12-03-2008, 03:44 AM
Registered Member

xeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond repute

fuck you little bitchs "why did you even make this thread" "this is bullshit" then WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU COMMENTING ON IT?! i should smash you with a bat motherfuckers thinking your all hard and shit fuckin E thug FAGGETS. thanks to the people who gave real responses and for your info. i've had guns but im getting a glock off my friend and a carry permit... stupid fuckin kids ... "hi im important i scan threads on my car forum till i find some shit i can bitch about"...jesus christ go play with your dick or something.
Old 12-03-2008, 05:16 AM
got 7.62?

eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited

Originally Posted by xeno
fuck you little bitchs "why did you even make this thread" "this is bullshit" then WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU COMMENTING ON IT?! i should smash you with a bat motherfuckers thinking your all hard and shit fuckin E thug FAGGETS. thanks to the people who gave real responses and for your info. i've had guns but im getting a glock off my friend and a carry permit... stupid fuckin kids ... "hi im important i scan threads on my car forum till i find some shit i can bitch about"...jesus christ go play with your dick or something.
Old 12-03-2008, 05:26 AM
Registered Member

SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie

Originally Posted by IEAT50S
by law your not allowed to protect your property in VA(with a gun).
I always find it strange that Virginia does not have a castle law... Hell even New York has a weak Castle law...

I need to move to state with a Stand Your Ground doctrine.

Originally Posted by 4SFED4
A castle doctrine protects a person protecting themselves, family or property based on how the state outlines it. Some states only allow you to protect people, others like Texas allow you to protect property even in public.

Basically if someone breaks in your house and they see you with a gun and start running, you can chase them and shoot them down. Also unlike VA you can just wound them and not have to kill them.

The doctrine prevents the perp or their family from getting any civil or criminal charges press against you if they were breaking the law at the time you engaged them. So therefore if you are protecting you family from a burglar regardless of what his story or reasoning is you don't even get a court date. It saves the law abiding citizens an ass load of money and time fighting in court for what the law outlines as justified to begin with.
I just noticed your post, Virginia has no official castle doctrine.

The House passed HB710 and then the senate shot it down.

Nevermind, I read the whole thread more... My bad.

Last edited by SpeedJunkie; 12-03-2008 at 05:31 AM.
Old 12-03-2008, 09:04 AM
Registered Member

xeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond repute

lol boostinrfl you gave legit opinions thanks. also thanks to speed junkie thats some good info to know..castle law huh. wow dont fuck with people in texas ... they can straight up blast you without hesitation...

Quick Reply: laws.. ?