Notices
Offroad / 4x4 Because you're never too old to play in the mud.

Body Lifts, Pros & Cons

Old 06-23-2011, 04:01 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
aquickmopar has disabled reputation
Default Re: Body Lifts, Pros & Cons

Originally Posted by iFoam
i wanna see pics of the Dodge
Im looking for them. As soon as I can find them on my wifes laptop i'll up-load them to my photobucket account and post them.
Old 06-23-2011, 04:04 PM
Registered Member

irfreddy irfreddy irfreddy irfreddy irfreddy irfreddy irfreddy irfreddy irfreddy irfreddy irfreddy

1st gen explorers, what i have, not what brandon has. DO look fine with 3" body lifts. the frame stays hidden enough. the only issue is the bumpers at that point, but most include brackets to fix it about 1" short. if you made your own itd become perfect.

now some pickups look like ass. i can see daylight through the wheel wells cause of the big ass gap on the bed. not all pickups, just cant remember which ones i saw like that

it really depends on the truck. the way they layed it out
Old 06-23-2011, 04:25 PM
ConflictedFelon

jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k

Originally Posted by OverEasy
Well a body lift is only good for one thing in my opinion, making room for larger tires if you want to go bigger without buying a expensive suspension lift.

I have owned a Toyota Tacoma with 3.5" of suspension and 3" body lift, both installed by me. As far as *hardcore* wheeling with it, I did. No problems. I mean I seriously beat the hell out of that truck. There are some here that will vouch on that. The truck is still being driven today by Jarrett in the Gun Thread.

I wouldn't do another body lift like that one again. The reasons being that I don't like how deep it sets the engine down in the body and the frame looks like it hangs really low after a body lift. I have had friends do body lifts to get a little extra clearance from their tires, they only went with a 1" body lift.

As far as body roll, it will. It will not affect your suspension though. Unlike a soft suspension kit rolling in corners you're just still on stock suspension w/ body roll. ( did that make since? lol)

If you intend on ever going off road with your Truck (Jeep, SUV, tracker, Samurai, Exploder, whatever you have) I would honestly save up for a suspension lift. It may be more costly than the body lift but you will be paying for something that does help performance.

If you just want something to look good, drive pretty well and only go off road rarely just to get it dirty a body lift may not be a bad idea. Although, I will say... if you body lift whatever you have and the bug (off road) bites, now you have a body lift on. If you want to get that sweet 3-4-6-8" lift now you also have to take into consideration of having a body lift + the suspension height.

I hope that makes since. If not, I'll try and explain some points better.
O HAI

only problems i've had out of the lift is that the gas spout likes to work loose, i just re-weld it with tank weld and keep getting up. it only affects you if you can actually afford to fill up your truck, i usually can't.

Last edited by jarrett2k; 06-23-2011 at 04:28 PM.
Old 06-23-2011, 04:30 PM
Registered Member

Found pics of my old Dodge.....enjoy.....

Man just sitting here seeing these pictures got me reminiscing. God I Miss My Old Dodge, Wish I didn't have to sell it when I got married.
Old 06-23-2011, 05:46 PM
ConflictedFelon

jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k

i don't understand what getting married has to do with selling a FOUR DOOR dodge.

Old 06-23-2011, 06:04 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by jarrett2k
i don't understand what getting married has to do with selling a FOUR DOOR dodge.

I had to pay for a wedding.
Old 06-23-2011, 06:23 PM
Suzuki Fanboi

OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy

Originally Posted by jarrett2k
O HAI

only problems i've had out of the lift is that the gas spout likes to work loose, i just re-weld it with tank weld and keep getting up. it only affects you if you can actually afford to fill up your truck, i usually can't.
HAI THUR!

Ya, the BL on that truck never affected anything when I had it YEARS ago. I'm sure something by now has worked loose. Damn that was a great truck, I still miss it something bad. You still getting good use outa it?

Last edited by OverEasy; 06-23-2011 at 06:27 PM. Reason: Forgot the e.
Old 06-23-2011, 08:03 PM
OCD Fag.

Brandons96 Brandons96 Brandons96 Brandons96 Brandons96 Brandons96 Brandons96 Brandons96 Brandons96 Brandons96 Brandons96

Originally Posted by irfreddy
1st gen explorers, what i have, not what brandon has. DO look fine with 3" body lifts. the frame stays hidden enough.
The fuck is the difference between yours and mine? Other than your front clip and tail lights. Nothing, including frame and the body shell, was changed.

Old 06-23-2011, 08:12 PM
Registered Member

irfreddy irfreddy irfreddy irfreddy irfreddy irfreddy irfreddy irfreddy irfreddy irfreddy irfreddy

all that and.. i have ttb you have ifs, i have drums(not anymore) you have discs, you have a WHOLE different inside besides the seats still bolting the same, my ass is more flat yours is more curvy
Old 06-23-2011, 08:36 PM
OCD Fag.

Brandons96 Brandons96 Brandons96 Brandons96 Brandons96 Brandons96 Brandons96 Brandons96 Brandons96 Brandons96 Brandons96

I was meaning things that would be relevant to a body lift..

Quick Reply: Body Lifts, Pros & Cons