Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Getting DSMLINK :D

Old 11-09-2004, 09:45 PM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of
Default Re: Getting DSMLINK :D

Originally Posted by srt4hokie
What do you alls EGT’s look like? With the antilag thing you are describing I would think your egt’s would shoot through the roof, of coarse that’s coming from a srt owner, which can run at 1700 degrees a lot.
they do shoot through the roof while on the stutterbox

Last edited by HighPSI TSi Guy; 11-09-2004 at 09:49 PM.
Old 11-10-2004, 06:07 AM
Registered Member

16g-95gsx is an unknown quantity at this point

Yea I dont have an EGT gauge anymore. BTW anyone looking for an Apexi 60mm white faced EGT? I just dont need it anymore with this system, I'm even thinking about selling the boost gauge and Apillar as well, its a lotek dual gauge pillar, and an Apexi Boost gauge.
Old 11-10-2004, 07:28 AM

elementalwindx has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by 16g-95gsx
Yea I dont have an EGT gauge anymore. BTW anyone looking for an Apexi 60mm white faced EGT? I just dont need it anymore with this system, I'm even thinking about selling the boost gauge and Apillar as well, its a lotek dual gauge pillar, and an Apexi Boost gauge.
Why are you selling the boost guage? DSMLink's boost est isnt that accurate from what I'm reading in these logs :-\. I'm seein like -20, 1, 2, 3, and such. I've read like 10 diff people's logs and a couple had t25's.
Old 11-10-2004, 11:15 AM
I <3 2JZ

Spooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond repute

Chris run's a GM 3-bar sensor connected into dsmlink so he can log the values. This sensor is basically like a digital read out of what the psi is. I hopefully in the near future will be getting one as well. They aren't to expensive and they are easy to hook up and install.
Old 11-10-2004, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by Spooln4
Chris run's a GM 3-bar sensor connected into dsmlink so he can log the values. This sensor is basically like a digital read out of what the psi is. I hopefully in the near future will be getting one as well. They aren't to expensive and they are easy to hook up and install.
any info/how-to pages out there? ive been readin about them on the dsmlink forums
Old 11-10-2004, 12:17 PM
I <3 2JZ

Spooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elementalwindx
any info/how-to pages out there? ive been readin about them on the dsmlink forums
Just do a search for 3bar or 3-bar on the dsmlink forums and it will give you all the info you need to wire it into the ecu and hook it up, all it takes is a vacumm port to read pressure and your straight.
Old 11-10-2004, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by Spooln4
Just do a search for 3bar or 3-bar on the dsmlink forums and it will give you all the info you need to wire it into the ecu and hook it up, all it takes is a vacumm port to read pressure and your straight.
errr dsmtuners sucks heh jk. I can't find crap on "3bar" or "3-bar" at dsmtuners. blah.
Old 11-10-2004, 02:24 PM
Registered Member

Why are you selling the boost guage? DSMLink's boost est isnt that accurate from what I'm reading in these logs :-\. I'm seein like -20, 1, 2, 3, and such. I've read like 10 diff people's logs and a couple had t25's.
The reason I'm sure is because you dont have it setup right. v2.5 has inputs for both elevation and displacement. Here in BBurg the elevation is just over 2000 feet I believe, bringing my boost est values extremely close to my 3bar values. However boost est is just as andrew said, an estimate of boost, my 3bar however isnt. I now have 2 loggable boost parameters so I dont see much point in having the boost gauge anymore. It would cause my car to look that much more stock without any A-pillar. I'd much rather sell the gauges and use the money towards a WB02.
Old 11-10-2004, 02:25 PM
Registered Member

errr dsmtuners sucks heh jk. I can't find crap on "3bar" or "3-bar" at dsmtuners. blah.
He said DSMlink forums. DSMtuners blows asshole for knowledge. I only use it for a classifieds section really. I post questions on DSMtuners and honestly I get nothing but a bunch of opinions on parts, nothing actually relating to the question at hand. Its a forum full of high schoolers.
Old 11-10-2004, 02:28 PM

KPWSavestheDay has disabled reputation

The reason I'm sure is because you dont have it setup right. v2.5 has inputs for both elevation and displacement. Here in BBurg the elevation is just over 2000 feet I believe, bringing my boost est values extremely close to my 3bar values. However boost est is just as andrew said, an estimate of boost, my 3bar however isnt. I now have 2 loggable boost parameters so I dont see much point in having the boost gauge anymore. It would cause my car to look that much more stock without any A-pillar. I'd much rather sell the gauges and use the money towards a WB02.
But you don't even need all of that...airflow in lbs/min is 50x more important than any boost estimate or actual boost reading. The only reason I keep the gauge around is because at a glance it will tell you what is going on while at wot, as opposed to looking at the log after the run is over. And yeah, wbo2 is nice. I mounted mine on top of the steering column and love having it around.

-T

Quick Reply: Getting DSMLINK :D