Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Cycle whore thread

Old 01-08-2010, 06:34 AM
S a D u B

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW
Default Re: Cycle whore thread

Yeah, I have no interest in it, and don't see any point in it, I was just curious if there really was one. Seems kind of stupid to me too
Old 01-08-2010, 06:59 AM
Ƴᴧᴍᴧӈᴧ

Dark-SRT4 has disabled reputation

A 'streetfighter' is usually a naked bike (may consist of a belly pan and tail fairing) with 'dirt' bars, and some form of stand-alone headlights.

Many folks convert their streetbikes to a 'streetfighter' after an accident since it's usually a cheaper route.

The style of bike came along a few years back when people would strip their bike down in attempt to make it faster and meaner (aka streetfighter).

Old 01-08-2010, 07:06 AM
S a D u B

JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW

I see, that's all I was looking for. Thanks. Makes since for drag bikes tho.
Old 01-08-2010, 08:05 AM
vangorder

kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox

that last one is hideous.
Old 01-08-2010, 08:55 AM
Registered Member

BatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by JROW
I see, that's all I was looking for. Thanks. Makes since for drag bikes tho.
I somewhat thought this, but wouldn't the amount of weight you save taking off the plastics be lost in aerodynamics? Seems like there would be WAY more drag on a bike w/o plastics.
Old 01-08-2010, 09:22 AM
hatrs make me famous

skr00zloose has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by BatEclipse99
I somewhat thought this, but wouldn't the amount of weight you save taking off the plastics be lost in aerodynamics? Seems like there would be WAY more drag on a bike w/o plastics.
unless you're pushing 200mph, the aerodynamics don't make THAT much differnce. I've built PLENTY of streetfighters, and never had any issues. For general hooligan use, "fighters are FUN.

my old 7/12 (750 gsxr with a 1200 motor wedged in it)

it's all about power to weight

maaaan I miss that bike!
Old 01-08-2010, 09:25 AM
hatrs make me famous

Originally Posted by eXploited
Sat on my dads new Harley Last night..

2004 Road King Classic w/ Straight Pipes

Spoiler

This is how the convo went

Me: Damn this shits sexy
Father: Yea its a real fuckin bike unlike your jap bike from the people that brough you pearl harbor
Me: Dont hate because this bike cant keep up with the Ninja
Father: "Puts his finger up while im sitting on the bike and says " Be right back

Father:"Comes outside with the key" Let me show you want riding a REAL bike feels like
Me: Ya ok.. lets fucking see this
Father: Starts the bike..

Need i say more?

Felt like I had balls the size of the moon.
lol. "HARLEY DAVIDSON, TURNING GASOLINE INTO NOISE WITHOUT THE BY-PRODUCT OF HORSEPOWER FOR OVER 100 YEARS"
Old 01-08-2010, 09:26 AM
Registered Member

BatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by skr00zloose
unless you're pushing 200mph, the aerodynamics don't make THAT much differnce. I've built PLENTY of streetfighters, and never had any issues. For general hooligan use, "fighters are FUN.
I guess so, I rode my R6 w/o plastics when it got out of the shop, it felt like a completely different bike now that I think about it. Not saying its faster or anything but, deff. felt different.
Old 01-08-2010, 11:26 AM
Ƴᴧᴍᴧӈᴧ

Dark-SRT4 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by BatEclipse99
You need to remember that back when the streetfighter came about bikes were a bit underpowered compared to todays bikes, you'd be lucky to own one that pressed 130mph. Yes, aero was certainly affected with the lack of fairings but the effect didn't pose an issue at the speeds these bikes were capable of (most were drag racing them on the street).
Folks wanted a mean looking bike that sounded crazy and was quick (hence the naked look, lack of a full exhaust, and other touches). These days it's more of a trend for those that like the look of a fighter.
Originally Posted by 2>4
that last one is hideous.
I won't argue that.

Here's my old 'fighter':

Old 01-08-2010, 03:37 PM
hatrs make me famous

Originally Posted by Dark-SRT4
You need to remember that back when the streetfighter came about bikes were a bit underpowered compared to todays bikes, you'd be lucky to own one that pressed 130mph. Yes, aero was certainly affected with the lack of fairings but the effect didn't pose an issue at the speeds these bikes were capable of (most were drag racing them on the street).
Folks wanted a mean looking bike that sounded crazy and was quick (hence the naked look, lack of a full exhaust, and other touches). These days it's more of a trend for those that like the look of a fighter.

I won't argue that.
you need a history lesson apparently, lol. that's not what, or how, the 'fighter scene came about. It was more out of necessity than anything else, but nowadays, yeah, it has sorta become a trend.

for the record (IMO) scrapping your plastic and sticking on some dinky headlight doth not a fighter make.

'fighters are the modern day choppers ( by that I mean REAL choppers, not the $70k crap that you see abouts everywhere) It started because people were making due with what they had, doing what they wanted, despite the "norm", just trying to make the best of what they had to work with. In it's truest form, it's all about getting rid of all the crap that isn't needed to go, stop, or turn. Some people prefer form to function, others prefer function to form.

I, myself, think that form follows function. Yeah, the fighter scene is getting a bit "blingy" for my taste (to quote a motorcycle legend, "I like to see the "mechanicalness"). it's the new "hot shit" and people are (generally) looking at it from the wrong point of view.

but....to each thier own.

some people like fat tires, chrome, and candy paint...... some people like, well... not that, lol

Quick Reply: Cycle whore thread