Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.
View Poll Results: which car?
2008 bmw 335i, CPO with 8k miles
27.12%
2005 audi s4
17.80%
2005 bmw m3 competition package (smg gearbox)
29.66%
2010 camaro ss
15.25%
other
10.17%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

another 'what car should i get' poll

Old 04-28-2010, 06:26 PM
Troll & Run

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD
Default Re: another 'what car should i get' poll

White is the most popular color in the country IIRC and all cars look good in it
Old 04-28-2010, 06:26 PM
master debater

blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout

not on a 335i apparently. that's even less common than blue.
Old 04-28-2010, 07:58 PM
Registered Member

terrible advice has disabled reputation

the clearcoat is really susceptible to swirls and scratches. it's impossible to keep clean and looking good (like just about every black car). the clear is just silly soft.
Old 04-30-2010, 04:14 AM
master debater

blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout

i think i can deal with that. when you say 'impossible', you imply 'takes considerable extra effort'. i thought you were saying they tend to fade prematurely or something.

that being said, i still really want a blue one. we'll see what kind of 'deal' i can get on this black one today...
Old 05-01-2010, 02:44 PM
Registered Member

terrible advice has disabled reputation

if you surf detailing forums and jank, you'll see. if you even wipe it funny, you'll have a swirl to polish out. but if you're into taking silly good care of your car, then by all means.

still partial to montego, though, i see. good call.
Old 05-02-2010, 12:27 PM
master debater

yes, i am partial to montego, and in all likelihood i'll hold out until i can get one. the only thing i foresee driving me to another color is if i sell my car soon and just flat out get tired of trying to track down a blue one that i like. i'm finding it pretty difficult, because i have to have it with a manual with premium/sports/cold weather packages, ideally with brushed aluminum trim, NOT in that ridiculous red leather, either certified pre-owned by bmw or still under factory warranty.

if anyone knows where one is, let me know...
Old 05-02-2010, 11:32 PM
I <3 My DSM

SPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by blackout
the audi does have the v8, and it's AMAZING. with the torque, it felt like i was driving the camaro... i could pass people in 6th gear on the interstate. it's actually kind of hard for me to get past how it's almost half the price of everything else i'm looking at, and i enjoyed driving it so much. plus the seats are awesome, the stereo is awesome... really good car. plus i can buy an extended warranty... i'll probably do that for anything i buy that's not under factory/cpo warranty. this car makes the most sense for me, and i probably SHOULD buy this car. this also allows me to maybe reconsider everything in a couple years without too much of a commitment.
i think your mind is made up....in your own sense of what you want/need.....get the Audi
Old 05-03-2010, 10:25 AM
master debater

Right, but it doesn't look as good as the BMW, it's not as new, and I can't literally plug-in 80 HP like I can with a jb3 on the bimmer. My mind is made up, but it's not the Audi.

That being said, to add insult to injury, a gorgeous sprint blue b7 s4 with 35k on it popped up on cars.com the other day.
Old 05-14-2010, 05:55 AM
master debater

update- i've bought an 07 335i. i had to get it from kentucky, it was the nearest montego blue coupe, 6 spd, sports/premium/cold weather package 335i available still under factory warranty. i should have it sometime next week.

here are pics of the actual car, i originally wanted black or gray interior with aluminum trim, but i'm kinda digging this color combo of saddle/burl walnut-

Old 05-14-2010, 09:49 AM
Vatican Assassin

MissmyE30 has disabled reputation

Congrats! It's beautiful. Enjoy! Now go to e90post if you haven't already

Quick Reply: another 'what car should i get' poll