Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

another newbie saying hi

Old 01-07-2015, 03:59 AM
Standartenführer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
euthorus euthorus euthorus euthorus euthorus euthorus euthorus euthorus euthorus euthorus euthorus
Default Re: another newbie saying hi

Now that is a mighty fine rollback flatbed, cant really see it though the red thing is in the way
Old 01-07-2015, 04:54 AM
Registered member

comfortracing53 comfortracing53 comfortracing53 comfortracing53 comfortracing53 comfortracing53 comfortracing53 comfortracing53 comfortracing53 comfortracing53 comfortracing53

hmmmmm maybe a JDM/domestic build, a 2JZ single turbo swap.

unfortunately as bad ass as I think it would be the domestic tards would shit their depends for ruining an American icon and the import guys would be pissed I wasted a perfectly good 2JZ on a domestic.
Old 01-07-2015, 05:06 AM
NAZI mod

BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER

Originally Posted by comfortracing53
hmmmmm maybe a JDM/domestic build, a 2JZ single turbo swap.

unfortunately as bad ass as I think it would be the domestic tards would shit their depends for ruining an American icon and the import guys would be pissed I wasted a perfectly good 2JZ on a domestic.
you know how may times I have been begged to put a 2J in my monte carlo or my GN when I had it? a metric fuckton.

However, that truck would be tits with a 454 and an old school roots type blower.
Old 01-07-2015, 05:19 AM
Registered member

comfortracing53 comfortracing53 comfortracing53 comfortracing53 comfortracing53 comfortracing53 comfortracing53 comfortracing53 comfortracing53 comfortracing53 comfortracing53

I priced out a big block and a 8-71 blower, that is a dream. the only issue I run into is the carb issue. it makes me nervous pumping out that kind of hp and relying on dual carbs. not sure if they make an efi throttle body type carb for blowers (like the old edelbrock set ups) thinking if I go blower it would be computer controlled setup like a procharger on a efi.

for now, just going to freshen up and tune the 400 sbc and put headers and a dual exhaust on it. then go thru the truck and formulate a plan.
Old 01-07-2015, 06:08 AM
NAZI mod

BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER

I priced out a big block and a 8-71 blower, that is a dream. the only issue I run into is the carb issue. it makes me nervous pumping out that kind of hp and relying on dual carbs.

..... people have been running those setups for years... two 800CFM holleys and an 8-71.. pretty much as basic as you can get. why are you nervous?
Old 01-07-2015, 06:40 AM
Registered member

they are a different type of carbs, cant think of the term but a reverse flow or something of that sort. I had a buddy with 32 model a street rod that ran that set up and the carbs ran lean one day and grenaded his motor. 12k down the tubes in zero to 100. I know it is an extreme and mostly unlikely situation but it makes me nervous. I feel more confident having an ecu running the show.

still in the planning stages. the only request the wife gave me was to not tub it out. I like the look and performance (straightline) of tubs and big tires but thinking pro touring setup is going to be more fun to drive more often.

luckily I can drive it and enjoy it while I come up with the plans.
Old 01-08-2015, 11:32 AM
NAZI mod

Draw through carb setups.
Old 01-08-2015, 04:50 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

they are a different type of carbs, cant think of the term but a reverse flow or something of that sort.
There are some setup changes for the supercharger and the flow requirements, but the only big difference is they have a boost referenced power valve instead of vacuum referenced..
Old 01-08-2015, 04:59 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by DonkeyPunch
Draw through carb setups.
All carbs that aren't blow through are draw through....
Old 01-09-2015, 06:54 AM
NAZI mod

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
All carbs that aren't blow through are draw through....
That's what I was getting at lol.. theres only two types... and if it's not a blow through....

Quick Reply: another newbie saying hi