Notices
The Twisties For all you cone killers and nazis. This includes Auto-X, Road Racing, and Drifting.

Hyperfest @ Summit Point! June 23-24

Old 06-25-2007, 07:39 PM
$Level$

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich
Default Re: Hyperfest @ Summit Point! June 23-24

Originally Posted by Axelerate
Well, NASA offeres Hyperdrives on Saturdays at HPDE's. Basically you get one classroom and one track session for a small price. A little hit of crack to get you addicted.

The next Hyperfest wont be until next year at Summit. There was a fully caged C6 ZO6 racing this weekend with the Thunder Group, not sure about his class though.
If it was the blue one then that was Jeff Emanuelson. Cool guy from the OBX.
Old 06-25-2007, 07:42 PM
<3

Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate

Originally Posted by DoingOK
If it was the blue one then that was Jeff Emanuelson. Cool guy from the OBX.
Yep, that was it. I just saw the pics of it in Eye Candy. NICE car.
Old 06-25-2007, 07:48 PM
Registered Member

84RX-7GSL-SE has disabled reputation

This was my fourth hyperdrive "crack" hit but I dont think I am ready for a full on HPDE session.

Shit I doubt my car could hit 140. Either way I think its squirley enough on the track at 100 and I am not nearly confident enough in my brakes or recirculating ball "wonder steer" at this point.

Once I get the brake upgrade, rack and pinion, and a easily detachable front air damn to reduce lift I may have to try the full speed events. That or find a cheap disposable RX-7 for a track rat.
Old 06-25-2007, 09:54 PM
WIKAP WIKAP PLBTTTTT

eeterp is a name known to alleeterp is a name known to alleeterp is a name known to alleeterp is a name known to alleeterp is a name known to alleeterp is a name known to all

Thanks man. I didn't like being 1of1million 240s there but, at least my car (which has seen better days) didn't look like it came out of a tire wall, like many did.

You must have some work done to be pushin that much hp. That's impressive. It must be pretty fun to drive. I noticed your car seemed to corner pretty flat. I have aftermarket struts and springs but I see coilovers, super blue brake fluid, and maybe upgraded brake pads before I head back to the track. My instructor also recommended some Toyo RA1 tires, which I may throw on a spare set of 300zx wheels I have laying around.
Originally Posted by Axelerate
Sounds like you guys are ready for a full weekend HPDE. Hitting 105 is cool on the straight, but it's better hitting 105 while turning and then doing 140+ on the straight.

Also, the next Hyperdrive event will be on July 28th at VIR North.
ooooh, I didn't know they had another hyperdrive this summer..... I would really like to do an HPDE but, I need to make my car a little more reliable before I do.
Originally Posted by DoingOK
Agreed (cept 160+mph is even funner)
I need to check out this Hyperdrive event. Details anyone?
It's like a single session HPDE (20-25 minutes on the track) but, it only costs $40! It's not on the full course but, even the instructors thought it was challenging.

Crack is right! I'm already looking at getting a race seat but, I want something that can use stock belts and I don't look like a moron climbing out of.
Old 06-26-2007, 04:09 AM
Registered Member

84RX-7GSL-SE has disabled reputation

Yeah Ive got a streetport, high compression rotors, full exhaust, 2nd gen RX-7 upper and lower intake manifolds, E-Fan, 9lb flywheel, 6 puck clutch.

Remember that that is flywheel horsepower. I would be lucky to see 150rwhp. After the megasquirt and tuning I'll see how it runs then consider a low boost turbo setup.

I'll have to look into July 28th down at VIR. It would definetly be something I would like to sign up for.
Old 06-26-2007, 07:56 AM
WIKAP WIKAP PLBTTTTT

eeterp is a name known to alleeterp is a name known to alleeterp is a name known to alleeterp is a name known to alleeterp is a name known to alleeterp is a name known to all

hmmm, I may actually do the Hyperdrive at VIR july 28th
https://www.nasaproracing.com/nasa_e.../?event_id=570
It's $50 this time. Also, I wanna hit up the carts. I hear they're a blast.
Old 06-28-2007, 07:56 AM
Registered Member

TYWRAP has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by eeterp
Nice! I was explaining to my girlfriend what an open wastegate is and was using your car as an example. "Ok, you hear that badass noise right there? That's an open wastegate." I saw you pass a few people. My session had a lot of slower cars/drivers. So, I got by 6-8 cars and maybe saw 95mph~ish on the back straight. I was at redline in 3rd and maybe could have eeked out a few more mph in 4th but, I was near the braking zone getting a little nervous. I kept screwing up the big sweeper between the back and front straight but, over all I'm pleased with how I did. After the first few laps, my instructor made me keep the car in 3rd gear because he didn't want me breaking the rear loose after every turn, LOL. Though, that did help me keep myself on the racing line a bit better.

I came back around 3:30 to watch a couple more Hyperdrive sessions. As, I was arriving an S2000 was on a flatbed (broke something, I assume) and a very quick white WRX blew something and came in early. Back to back sessions had 2 different single turbo supras. The 1st one was making 500ish and was the fastest thing in a straight line I'd seen all day until the next turbo supra came out. OMG, that thing was retarded fast but, the owner was a jackass. After just finishing the 1st lap and coming onto the front straight, he puts down the hammer and passes 1 car on the left, without a point by, spinning the rear wheels and going SIDEWAYS. He cuts that guy off, straightens the car out and passes another car on the right. Also, without a point by. Needless to say he was immediately blackflagged for being a moron. They did let him back out but, I left and went to the main track.

At the main course, I saw a 944 blow up, the spec E30 BMW leader crash badly into a tire wall (totaled), and saw a very banged up blue WRX (Mach V employee?) from an HPDE on a flat bed. Sadly, we didn't stick around for the drifting but, all my buddies were absolutely drained.

edit: I was also surprised how quickly you burn gas on the track. It makes sense now, thinking about how often you're in boost, foot to the floor but, at the time I felt like I could see the needle moving. haha

I was the one driving the 1st supra (wingless), I had a really great time on the track . The other guy (supra) was saying somthing about the cars in front of him were too slow or somthing, but that was no excuse to do what he did. I was like "great way to prove supra owners aren't dicks". Oh well each to his own.

What car were you in? the subie?Blue.

-Jon
Old 06-28-2007, 08:46 AM
WIKAP WIKAP PLBTTTTT

Originally Posted by TYWRAP
I was the one driving the 1st supra (wingless), I had a really great time on the track . The other guy (supra) was saying somthing about the cars in front of him were too slow or somthing, but that was no excuse to do what he did. I was like "great way to prove supra owners aren't dicks". Oh well each to his own.

What car were you in? the subie?Blue.

-Jon
Hey Jon, I'm Jeremy, Hung's friend, in the red 240sx. Your car was quite fast and it sounded great. I've never seen a supra with a CF hatch in person. I imagine that and the CF hood remove quite a bit of weight. It's good to see supra owners doing something other than dyno or straight line

Actually, I heard that you used to drift. Is that true?
Old 06-28-2007, 10:16 AM
Registered Member

TYWRAP has disabled reputation

Yep I've done about 7 events. All practice type things(no tandem). Tires get expensive when your burning 285's and 275. lol

The CF hatch saves 34lbs over the stock mental one. The supra is a bit husky so losing a few pounds can really help performance.

-Jon
Old 06-28-2007, 10:23 AM
Registered Member

VIPGarage has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by TYWRAP
Tires get expensive when your burning 285's and 275. lol

you ain't lying.

Quick Reply: Hyperfest @ Summit Point! June 23-24