Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

car won't start

Old 08-14-2011, 09:59 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rockenuptown has disabled reputation
Default car won't start

OK, I have a 1994 honda accord ex the problem is that it wont start. it was good when i bought it ran for a month then it wouldnt start after it rained. but 20 mins later it would now it won't start at all. I replaced the dizzy 3 days ago one i got from autozone. it ran for a day no problems then i woke up the next morning same problem it just didnt start. i went and got a new dizzy its the same. i looked online and everything people are saying to do i did. When i first put the car in the on poistion check engine goes out everything does what its supposed to do but when i turn it over it just cranks but no fire then i let go of the key and the check engine light comes on saying code 15. I replaced the dizzy 3 times and its the same with all of them. except for the one that ran for a day. but i replaced the plugs, wires, rotor, dizzy, and cap, but no luck. now im starting to wonder if the ecu is any good cause people say its the igniter but thats replaced when i did the dizzy need help asap if anyone knows what to do.
Old 08-14-2011, 10:53 AM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn
Default Re: car won't start

Originally Posted by rockenuptown
OK, I have a 1994 honda accord ex the problem is that it wont start. it was good when i bought it ran for a month then it wouldnt start after it rained. but 20 mins later it would now it won't start at all. I replaced the dizzy 3 days ago one i got from autozone. it ran for a day no problems then i woke up the next morning same problem it just didnt start. i went and got a new dizzy its the same. i looked online and everything people are saying to do i did. When i first put the car in the on poistion check engine goes out everything does what its supposed to do but when i turn it over it just cranks but no fire then i let go of the key and the check engine light comes on saying code 15. I replaced the dizzy 3 times and its the same with all of them. except for the one that ran for a day. but i replaced the plugs, wires, rotor, dizzy, and cap, but no luck. now im starting to wonder if the ecu is any good cause people say its the igniter but thats replaced when i did the dizzy need help asap if anyone knows what to do.
does the rear defroster work?
Old 08-14-2011, 11:38 AM
Registered Member

yea it does
Old 08-15-2011, 08:18 PM
Registered Member

jhholloway jhholloway jhholloway jhholloway jhholloway jhholloway jhholloway jhholloway jhholloway jhholloway jhholloway

I would guess that it's the main relay.

my del sol started to have a similar issue when it got really hot. When I was researching MR's the other day, several other sites noted that it is more often that it won't work on days that it's rainy because the moister getting in the "dry socket" where it need to be resoldered.

Last edited by jhholloway; 08-15-2011 at 08:22 PM.
Old 08-15-2011, 09:50 PM
Registered Member

so the main relay will make it keep throwing the code 15 and make the car act that way
Old 08-16-2011, 05:09 AM
Registered Member

jhholloway jhholloway jhholloway jhholloway jhholloway jhholloway jhholloway jhholloway jhholloway jhholloway jhholloway

Yes, what you described above is very similar to the problem that I had. At one point I also got CEL 15. Please correct me I am wrong, but I believe as long as you don't have spark it can trip 15. After all 15 all it say is ignition out put, if memory serves me correct. Personally, I believe your random starting is due the a back socket that sometimes makes the complete circuit while other times it doesn't.

You can always purchase one from a store try it for a couple days to see if solves the problem, if not return it.
Old 08-16-2011, 01:13 PM
Registered Member

ok thx man ill try it
Old 08-23-2011, 02:09 PM
Registered Member

ok i just tried replaced the main relay but it still doesnt start it just cranks like before could the ecu be bad?
Old 08-28-2011, 05:38 PM
Registered member

sweethatch1866 has disabled reputation

try the ecu in someone elses car.
Old 08-29-2011, 10:42 AM
Registered Member

EGh22 has disabled reputation

take off the dizzy cap and make sure your wires are connected to the icm is making good contact.

Quick Reply: car won't start