Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Help with 1988 supra.

Old 04-19-2004, 06:13 AM
Love the Lord

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
USMCMotorT USMCMotorT USMCMotorT USMCMotorT USMCMotorT
Default Help with 1988 supra.

What do you all think about a 1988 Supra. Any good?

I am planning to buy one today. Do any of you guys know How much i can get a good new engine or used engine with low miles. The engine on it is 193000 plus miles *stock engine non-turbo* but for later on I'll like to get a new engine, and maybe work with it. And what kinda engine should i get. Never played with a Supra before so i really dont know.

Do any of you know any junkyards i could go to to buy some interior/exterior parts for the 88 supra. I heard Ingrams might have some. All comments welcome. The toyota supra emblem in the front is kinda jacked up, i'd like to fix that up.

Anyone have any pics of a kick ass looking supra from 1988 generation?

Thanks
Old 04-19-2004, 07:57 AM
hostgator.com

flow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Help with 1988 supra.

all the sick looking MKIII's are from japan.. there is very very very little aftermarket support for them when it comes to exterior modifications here.

I love white 3rd gens. I almost bought a 91T as my first car.

Throw the 2jz in it, or there is also a TT JDM motor thats either a small 6 or a big 4cyl.. I forget the displacement of it.. 1.8 TT I believe
Old 04-19-2004, 08:11 AM

PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri

Originally Posted by USMCMotorT
What do you all think about a 1988 Supra. Any good?

I am planning to buy one today. Do any of you guys know How much i can get a good new engine or used engine with low miles. The engine on it is 193000 plus miles *stock engine non-turbo* but for later on I'll like to get a new engine, and maybe work with it. And what kinda engine should i get. Never played with a Supra before so i really dont know.

Do any of you know any junkyards i could go to to buy some interior/exterior parts for the 88 supra. I heard Ingrams might have some. All comments welcome. The toyota supra emblem in the front is kinda jacked up, i'd like to fix that up.

Anyone have any pics of a kick ass looking supra from 1988 generation?

Thanks

if you don't wanna spend the money to do a 1JZ swap just put a J-Spec 7MGTE in there. They say it's straight from Japan with ~30k on it. I paid 950 shipped for mine, complete with turbo and a 6 month warranty. That's the best warranty (that was out there when I was looking) and the people were super nice. Arrived right when it was supposed to and I had no issues at all. I can hook you up with the number if you'd like.

For parts, thepartstrader.com works great, also supramania.com and sometimes even supraforums.com

if you prefer to do local ingrams is good, and so is oceana salvage-I've used both in the past for my MK3T. You'll find alot of junkyards have them. I just got the yellow pages and called around...you'd be surprised.

For any questions you might have, I'd suggest you try supramania.com Geared towards MK3 and is all the info you'll need.
Good luck on your purchase.
Old 04-19-2004, 08:26 AM
Love the Lord

Good damn, that's some great info =) So a 1988 supra is also called a MKIII? Have no clue what it means. So you're sayin that you can get a good engine for 950 shipped? that sounds like a good deal. What is the stats on that engine. Who did you go through for that deal. And are the prices the same? The supra now is an automatic.

And Flo, i'm not really tryin to do any exterior mods. Maybe like a nice paint job and rims, and some kick ass fog lights. When i was 15 *im 20 now, 21 in october* I saw a million civic out there wit body kits and they were madd fast. And my mom wouldve bought me any car i wanted, so i picked a civic. Come to find it's pretty damn slow. So i just decided to become a ricer *didnt think to much of it at the time* And now I'm ready to work on some engine stuff. Ever since i been on this website i seen alot of really nice cars. I like the stock look now. Screw the body kits and all that flashy shit. I wouldnt mind a lip kit though.

Last edited by USMCMotorT; 04-19-2004 at 08:32 AM.
Old 04-19-2004, 08:42 AM
hostgator.com

flow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these parts

I dont mean bodykits, I mean JDM lips, etc, JDM spoiler.. blah blah.

MK1 MK2 MK3 MK4 refer to the "generations" of supras.. 3 being 86.5-92 93-97 being 4

just like a 3rd gen rx7..etc.. but supra people use MK (mark i believe)
Old 04-19-2004, 08:48 AM
Love the Lord

Originally Posted by flo w fx
I dont mean bodykits, I mean JDM lips, etc, JDM spoiler.. blah blah.

MK1 MK2 MK3 MK4 refer to the "generations" of supras.. 3 being 86.5-92 93-97 being 4

just like a 3rd gen rx7..etc.. but supra people use MK (mark i believe)
ahhh, thanks for the clarity. You know every time i look at your avatar, i see this little asian kid on the other side of the comp typing to me. Thanks for the info again
Old 04-19-2004, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by USMCMotorT
You know every time i look at your avatar, i see this little asian kid on the other side of the comp typing to me.
Hahahaha. If only you knew.
Old 04-19-2004, 08:53 AM
hostgator.com

Originally Posted by PyAri Chick
Hahahaha. If only you knew.

Last edited by flow fx; 04-19-2004 at 08:57 AM.
Old 04-19-2004, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by flo w fx
Go eat a twinkie. Or ten.

That's ok, my lunch is in 2 hours. It would help you though. Eat till you puke.
Old 04-19-2004, 08:58 AM
hostgator.com

damn you were too fast

Quick Reply: Help with 1988 supra.