Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Rice guide

Old 11-06-2002, 08:02 PM
God

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rguy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Rice guide

In light of the "newbie" post with the girl and the cavalier that went some insane amount of pages in no time at all i thought i would post a new thread since that one was too long. I read about three pages and it went something like this "rice is when you think something on your car makes you go fast and it doesnt." " Big mouth front ends with no intercooler are rice" ." my car (with its big wing and huge bodykit) is not rice". Here is what i believe is rice, feel free to add anything, but i think ill cover everything pretty well here. Mods, this is not bashing other peoples cars (well a little, but they need to learn somehow). Time to face it, anything you put on your car that does not have some sort of function IS RICE. ANY rim, and i repeat ANY rim that is larger than stock and heavier than its stock counterpart is hard to argue as not being classified as rice. Why would you put a rim that is larger and heavier on your car? you effectively make your gearing taller (slower acceleration) and the added unspring weight will kill acceleration also. Next, body kits. There are in fact a FEW body kits out there that were designed in a wind tunnel and have function to them (such as brake cooling or directing more air to the radiator), i can name mugen kits as an example. but 90% of them are made from shit materials and dont ever fit right and were designed to make your car look "good" in some twisted way. And when you put one on and dont even take the time to paint it... And by far, something i see about everyday somewhere, is the big ass aluminum wings. WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING WITH THOSE? Your car was not meant to fly or create lift. They do in fact create DRAG and slow you down, and anyone who knows anything about cars thinks you are an idiot. Now, some of you will argue " but my car is a show car". Thats just dumb, stop basing all your car info off of "High Rev Tunerz". Cars were meant to be driven, not judged by how many stupid pieces of cheap APC products you can slap on and polish. Performance mods that work and look good on the side belong in car shows. Guys on this board have mods that look good and perform at the same time. Clear turn signals, painted interiors, cheap springs, painted rear drum brakes, stickers of all sorts, crazy paint jobs, and etc are rice as well. I could go on forever... but ill end my rant here.
Old 11-06-2002, 08:28 PM
Registered member

socket_ has disabled reputation
Default Re: Rice guide

rice, in my opinion, is anything done to a car that another person considers to be bad taste...

-

Originally posted by Rguy
Now, some of you will argue " but my car is a show car". Thats just dumb, stop basing all your car info off of "High Rev Tunerz".
i agree, that fuckin retarded show High- Rev Tunerz is all about appearance not performance... they go from watching 9 sec 1000hp drag-racing cars to neon underglows
Old 11-06-2002, 08:34 PM
Registered Member

16g-95gsx is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok, I guess I should add in, although I have to admit I once was the boy driving the non turbo eclipse with an erebuni wing and indiglo lights. I however have come to enjoy performance more. However to each man his own. It sometimes is difficult to classify one thing as rice or not. In the idea as wheels since Brian pointed out, I do not feel all larger wheels are rice. A larger wheel allows for better turning abilities as well, my car comes with 16" stock, enlarging the wheels to 17" would add a few rotational pounds, but ultimately allow my car to look better, and turn slightly better, allowing function to form.

What I consider rice:

Altezzas (hate them with an absolute passion, always have always will)
Body Kits (not all, as SOME, a very rare few, are nice, but seriously 95% of them out there are way way way over used to the point of that "original" look they were going for, turning into just another car with an ugly body kit in the crowd)
Winshield washers with lights
Colored engine bay parts
Painted brake calipers/drums
Carbon Fiber dash overlays/other various overlays
Z3 fenders on any other car than a Z3
Big wings on a non drag/RWD car
Decals on a non TRULY SPONSORED car (not sponsered by god damn APC )

Ok, thats all that comes to mind, although there is always a ton more. Not all rice looks bad, and I like some of it. But its always a taste thing. I dont like body kits, or big wings usually. I especially hate all forms of altezzas, and various other body parts. Stickers piss me off. The list keeps going. Horrible sounding exhausts, specially the ones with "racing mufflers." But again it's all in a person's opinion, and we are all entitled to our own.

Brian has some strong feelings, as do I, and if I dont like your car or what you've done I will usually let you know, or at least hint it with what I say to you "let me ask, why did you decide to put on altezzas?" <insert a hinting tone>.

So I guess in the end, just ask your friends, not your stupid friends, but actually intelligent people if they consider what you like rice, or a stupid idea, and then if they give you the ok, then you may add the part without fear.
Old 11-06-2002, 08:34 PM
DAAAANG & OHDAANG

MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch

rice is just doing things half assed. do it right, or dont do it at all. example... body kits un painted, big rims with stock suspension.... or doing things like a wing or taillights before doing things like suspension or engine work.
Old 11-06-2002, 09:22 PM

Mugent3/t4e has disabled reputation

I have "Type-R" shoulder seat belt pads, I'm just a ricer at heart!
Old 11-06-2002, 09:45 PM

cutelilcavigurl is an unknown quantity at this point

ok , according to you all i am a ricer. that's fine call me what you want. but unlike a true ricer, i have intent to make mine go faster! i was unlucky in the event that someone hit my car so i had to start with exterior..
Old 11-07-2002, 05:06 AM
Jerome LeBanner Fan

weavil has disabled reputation

Honestly not everyone fixed up a car for performance. IF someone throws a body kit and aluminum wing on their care AND thinks it's fast that would be one thing. If someone throws on a body kit and wing, takes it out for shows, and knows it's not fast that is another.

If you don't like someone's car take it to super punchout other wise shut the fuck up. She's entitled to do whatever she wants to do as long as she's not the retard who goes around piping their 1.6 liters and causing all types of attention @ the meeting spots.
Old 11-07-2002, 08:22 AM
Hating...

JKim has disabled reputation

Originally posted by weavil
Honestly not everyone fixed up a car for performance. IF someone throws a body kit and aluminum wing on their care AND thinks it's fast that would be one thing. If someone throws on a body kit and wing, takes it out for shows, and knows it's not fast that is another.

If you don't like someone's car take it to super punchout other wise shut the fuck up. She's entitled to do whatever she wants to do as long as she's not the retard who goes around piping their 1.6 liters and causing all types of attention @ the meeting spots.
weavil: thank you.

Cutelilcavigurl: i hope these past few posts that were directed to you on the aformentioned thread doesnt deter you from this site. most of us are really nice poeple when u get to us

to add to the rice discussion....

Rice is what I eat.
Old 11-07-2002, 08:54 AM
Registered Member

Jeff Taylor has a spectacular aura aboutJeff Taylor has a spectacular aura about

Damn, and owning a YELLOW car isn't ricey?

Yellow screams "look at me! I'm fast!"

hehehe
Old 11-07-2002, 08:55 AM

cutelilcavigurl is an unknown quantity at this point

a few jerks can't scare me off. it's all good. they got thier opinions and i got mine.
and besides so far the good has out weighed the bad. a few nice people are better than none

ha that pic of the kitten is so adorable.

Quick Reply: Rice guide