Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

What year is my jdm gsr engine

Old 04-08-2011, 07:02 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tcraven92 has a reputation beyond reputetcraven92 has a reputation beyond reputetcraven92 has a reputation beyond reputetcraven92 has a reputation beyond reputetcraven92 has a reputation beyond reputetcraven92 has a reputation beyond reputetcraven92 has a reputation beyond reputetcraven92 has a reputation beyond reputetcraven92 has a reputation beyond reputetcraven92 has a reputation beyond reputetcraven92 has a reputation beyond repute
Default What year is my jdm gsr engine

On the block it is stamped b18c
Also the head is stamped P72-1

I am trying to figure out what year the engine is and if it is obd1 or obd2

Any help would be great.
Also before your try to be smart and google it, I have already done that and nothing pops up that is helpful.

Thanks
Old 04-08-2011, 07:14 PM
management

boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom
Default Re: What year is my jdm gsr engine

google it.

seriously. look at the series of circular stamps between the exhaust ports and it will tell you how to decode the year the motor was assembled which in turn will give you obd1 or 2. i believe the numbers your looking for are between exhaust ports 2 and 3.
Old 04-08-2011, 07:32 PM
Registered Member

tcraven92 has a reputation beyond reputetcraven92 has a reputation beyond reputetcraven92 has a reputation beyond reputetcraven92 has a reputation beyond reputetcraven92 has a reputation beyond reputetcraven92 has a reputation beyond reputetcraven92 has a reputation beyond reputetcraven92 has a reputation beyond reputetcraven92 has a reputation beyond reputetcraven92 has a reputation beyond reputetcraven92 has a reputation beyond repute

okay just ran out and got the codes. They read like this 9 8 for the first one 7 for the second one 2 2 for the third one 8 for the fourth one
Old 04-08-2011, 07:34 PM
Registered Member

Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed

Originally Posted by -__-
google it.

seriously. look at the series of circular stamps between the exhaust ports and it will tell you how to decode the year the motor was assembled which in turn will give you obd1 or 2. i believe the numbers your looking for are between exhaust ports 2 and 3.

9/7= Made in 1997. OBD2A

I used google.
Old 04-08-2011, 07:36 PM
Registered Member

searching google like crazy for this decoder you talk of. So far there is no existence
Old 04-08-2011, 07:37 PM
Registered Member

There are also four other codes. Come on now, I'm not a dumb ass....
Old 04-08-2011, 07:39 PM
Registered Member

Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed

Originally Posted by tcraven92
searching google like crazy for this decoder you talk of. So far there is no existence
There are also four other codes. Come on now, I'm not a dumb ass....
It's pretty easy, bro.
Old 04-08-2011, 07:40 PM
Registered Member

instead of being a smart ass, either A help answer my question, or B don't answer at all.
Old 04-08-2011, 07:47 PM
Registered Member

okay I have found out what the first two circle stamps are. made in july of 1998, but there are still two more circle stamps marked 2 2 and 8
Old 04-08-2011, 07:49 PM
Registered Member

instead of being a smart ass, either A help answer my question, or B don't answer at all.
I'm not being a smart ass; You're being a dumb ass.

Quick Reply: What year is my jdm gsr engine