Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

SRT-4's where to go for service?

Old 06-13-2005, 08:18 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
blacksrt4guy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default SRT-4's where to go for service?

i own a 2004 dodge srt4 and have lately been recieving shit for service. my second set of spark plug wires went bad after less than 10k miles and they refuse to cover it under warranty because i have upped my boost, thus causing excessive wear on my wires/plugs?? so basically my boost controller is the reason my wires went bad.....does this sound right?

can anyone reccomend a good dealership to go to for servicing my car? i was thinking of trying oyster point dodge.
Old 06-13-2005, 08:44 AM
Registered Member

gnt0223 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: SRT-4's where to go for service?

change out the spark plugs. the stock spark plugs burn holes in the spark plug wires under high boost. get you a set of ngk's or denso iridums. that would solve your problem. oh, and some new spark plug wires. why go to a dealership and get rapped? pm me and I can help ya.
Old 06-13-2005, 08:52 AM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

its called shitty wires stock.

MSD's and you will not have any more problems.
stock plugs are fine till you are in massive power.
Old 06-13-2005, 08:58 AM
Banned

blacksrt4guy is an unknown quantity at this point

yeh i know stock plugs/wires are shitty. i just felt it should have been covered. i have ngk's sitting in my room and im prolly going to have to overnight the screamin demon coilpack and crane 8.5 fire wires.....
Old 06-14-2005, 02:42 PM
SuperNeon

koreandragn is an unknown quantity at this point

Supposedly even the msd's will burn out eventually because they're not 90degree boots. Either way, upping your boost was part of the reason they burned up. Don't bother w/ the coil pack, the stocker is a beast(on nearly every 500+hp srt there is). Have fun.
Old 06-14-2005, 04:36 PM
Registered Member

Greaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gnt0223
change out the spark plugs. the stock spark plugs burn holes in the spark plug wires under high boost. get you a set of ngk's or denso iridums. that would solve your problem. oh, and some new spark plug wires. why go to a dealership and get rapped? pm me and I can help ya.

wtf, no they dont.
Old 06-14-2005, 05:00 PM

Phade is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't waste time in the upgraded coil packs. In my experience with the srt-4, the OEM pack has been proven to be the most reliable unit available.

They are not upgraded by Mopar at the stage 3 power levels (300+ hp/tq). SD and MSD coil packs go bad like no tomorrow. Just stick with the OEM pack.

NGK plugs, and upgraded wires should do you fine.
Old 06-14-2005, 05:04 PM
FUCKIN MAGNETS

shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22

Mods void your warranty. If you were planning on modding the car, you should have just said fuck it and learned/bit the bullet and worked on it yourself. My SRT4 is 100% stock, and will stay that way (ok, maybe a Blue Plate Special) for a long time, at least until the Formula is the way I want it, and that damn thing needs alot of work.

Anyway, Try Magnecore wires. And fabricate/buy a heat shield that goes inbetween the turbo and the coil BESIDES the stock one. From what I've heard, Mopar actually makes one.
Old 06-14-2005, 05:06 PM

Phade is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fc735
its called shitty wires stock.

MSD's and you will not have any more problems.
stock plugs are fine till you are in massive power.

Depends if he got NGK's or the Champions stock.

Champion pulled a houdini on NGK at the last moment, underbidding the contract with DCX to win it over for the 03 and part of the 04 production years.

The champion plugs have been a disaster. They are routinely found to be out of spec (gap) at the moment of purchase. And it has been proven that the part is not due to build quality either, as new plugs installed will do the same within a week of driving only a few miles. They simply just will not remain in spec for whatever reason.

The NGK plug that was originially designed for the srt finally got the contract after DCX decided the cost savings of champion plugs was not worth the hassle.
Old 06-14-2005, 05:17 PM
SuperNeon

koreandragn is an unknown quantity at this point

Shouldn't really be a big deal. Dodge put out a TSP for new plugs/wires. All you have to do is goto the dealer and ask for them.

Quick Reply: SRT-4's where to go for service?