Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

WESTERN VA REGIONAL CAR MEET

Old 12-21-2010, 06:55 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jaegermeister has disabled reputation
Default WESTERN VA REGIONAL CAR MEET 4/2/11

I am new to these forums but to those that live in the area you may have seen me -- I drive the blue Lotus Elise in Lynchburg. Here is an event to start the new year right, it's my goal to make this a very enjoyable year to auto enthusiasts in this area, first beginning with this drive. I would at least like to get a poker run going, a rally to the beach, etc. But it depends on everybody's participation.

RSVP here:http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=169076729795202

WESTERN VA REGIONAL CAR MEET
April 2nd, 2011 (previously February 5th, 2011)
11:00AM, Drive begins at 12:00PM

Q&A:

WHERE IS THE MEET?
We will meet in Lexington but individual groups will likely meet beforehand to caravan to the event location. Individuals unaffiliated with a group are encouraged to meet with these groups.

90 East Midland Trl Lexington, VA 24450
Directions/Food/Gas: http://mapq.st/10-ZviD

-

WHY LEXINGTON?
Besides Lexington area being surrounded by the best roads on the East Coast, Lexington is also convienently located in between both Virginia Tech and James Madison University. Both colleges have active car clubs that hold annual car clubs and compete in sanctioned races.

Lynchburg, VA - 37.7 mi - 51 minutes
Roanoke, VA - 56 mi - 58 minutes
Harrisonburg, VA - 65.1 mi - 1 hour 11 minutes
Charlottesville, VA - 73.8 MI - 1 Hour 24 minutes
Blacksburg, VA - 84.7 mi - 1 hour 29 minutes

-

WHAT ROUTE IS THE DRIVE?
A combination of routes have been chosen but will depend on weather, road conditions, and driver's interests. These routes will be in mountainous areas with a variety of road types and scenery.

-

RAIN DATE?
In a case that bad weather occurs day of or roads conditions are bad; The drive will be postponed to April 16th, 2011.

-

WHAT GROUPS ARE PARTICIPATING?
See below for participating groups. If your group would also like to participate please send a private message with your group name, location, and website (if applicable.)

FIREHOUSE CREW
-9:30AM Departure, Directions: http://bit.ly/ict5ZE

Team DOHC
- http://teamdohc.org/forums/index.php?topic=2900.0

Students of...
VIRGINIA TECH
- http://www.carclubvt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29179

LIBERTY UNIVERSITY

Last edited by Jaegermeister; 12-21-2010 at 06:20 PM. Reason: Change of Date
Old 12-21-2010, 09:19 AM
EDM|Mugen|MK3 CRX

.Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge.
Default Re: WESTERN VA REGIONAL CAR MEET

Good luck with having a cruise over mountain roads covered with marbles(gravel put down from the snow/ice)
Old 12-21-2010, 11:26 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by .Sarge.
Good luck with having a cruise over mountain roads covered with marbles(gravel put down from the snow/ice)
Thank you for your concerns. I should have been more specific: Loose gravel is included within the "'road conditions."

I cannot predict the future and therefore I am unable to tell you the kind of winter we will see this year, but routes with loose gravel will be avoided. Last year both Route 56 and Route 60 were treated with gravel but other routes were not (And I cannot remember the year before which was considered a more mild winter.) Nonetheless I will be driving these routes periodically throughout the winter (as I usually do,) and a day before for good measure.
Old 12-21-2010, 11:51 AM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired

Yeah no disrespect but I know that in this area (SWVA) that early February usually means big snow, in my personal experience there's been at least 5 inches on my birthday (feb. 6) for at least the past 5 years. You should set the date for spring instead: no snow, no marbles, no fucking salt to make my wheels stick to the hubs.
Old 12-21-2010, 12:46 PM
SAY IT WITCHA CHEST!

The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro

Originally Posted by Trunk Impaired
no fucking salt
This.

Last edited by The Nisbro; 12-21-2010 at 12:49 PM.
Old 12-21-2010, 01:07 PM
Registered Member

Yeah no disrespect but I know that in this area (SWVA) that early February usually means big snow, in my personal experience there's been at least 5 inches on my birthday (feb. 6) for at least the past 5 years. You should set the date for spring instead: no snow, no marbles, no fucking salt to make my wheels stick to the hubs.
I have changed the date to April 2nd, 2011. No snow. No Marbles. No salt.

Hope to see you guys there. RSVP on Facebook, friend me even. If you have anymore concerns shoot them my way.
Old 12-21-2010, 01:42 PM
SAY IT WITCHA CHEST!

The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro

Originally Posted by Jaegermeister
I have changed the date to April 2nd, 2011. No snow. No Marbles. No salt.
my car MIGHT be on the road by then.
Old 12-21-2010, 02:13 PM
Go Team Marlboro

BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo

I deal with this everyday. Wurth makes some really good anti-seize type compound that is goldish in color(I think it's called like CU1100 or somn..). It's not cheap, but it works exceptionally well. Good wire wheel or wire brush the crap out of the hub lip, slather that shit on, and slap her on.
Old 12-21-2010, 03:32 PM
Registered Member

BallinthaEF BallinthaEF BallinthaEF

Car meet in lex...that's nice, only 6miles for me to drive
Old 12-21-2010, 05:00 PM
Registered member

Johnny508 Johnny508 Johnny508 Johnny508 Johnny508 Johnny508 Johnny508 Johnny508 Johnny508 Johnny508 Johnny508

Its called AWD.......get some.

Sorry....to many beers/cocktails tonight.

Quick Reply: WESTERN VA REGIONAL CAR MEET