Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

żbattery to trunk?

Old 03-15-2007, 10:31 AM
corona connessuer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA
Default Re: żbattery to trunk?

well i already have the cables and everything to do it. i can do it the job correctly for a nominal fee!
Old 03-16-2007, 03:43 AM
Registered Member

krazdracer has disabled reputation

find a nice spot in your trunk and strap it down. From the battery to the chassis ground out the battery to an existing bolt from the negative terminal.
then run the positive cable from the engine bay to the battery..(some find it asy to go through the firewall and under the carpet) then get you copper cable ends or cable connector and bolt/or clamp onto the positive engine bay cable and just ground out the negative cable in you engine bay.. Hope that helps..
Old 03-16-2007, 08:14 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

If you're really deadset on doing this, buy an Optima battery or similar. They won't outgas like a standard lead/acid battery so you won't get hydrogen built up in the car, and won't leak acid either. Put a breaker or big ass Maxi fuse in the trunk close to the battery, which will keep the car from burning to the ground if the cable gets pinched, cut, etc. Don't even bother moving the battery if you don't do this, it's very critical for safety. You can usually find a short battery cable locally that will replace your stock cable in the engine bay and has lugs (instead of a terminal clamp) on both ends. It's not a bad idea to go with a larger ground cable while you're at it; any reduction in voltage drop will help starting, etc.

Also, if you're ever thinking about going to a track, make sure the battery is in a box and that you follow any other track rules about interior mounted batteries, like venting the box to the outside of the car, etc.
I'm still against doing this just for looks, but I'll give you advice on how to do it properly if you're going to do it.

Last edited by Fabrik8; 03-16-2007 at 08:23 AM.
Old 03-16-2007, 08:32 AM
corona connessuer

CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA

ill do it!!!
Old 03-16-2007, 09:39 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

And you can pay him in Corona.
Well, maybe not just Corona. He'll want limes too. J/K Mike..
Old 03-25-2007, 09:20 AM
not a noob

JAvenger has disabled reputation

he is my two cents!

1. place battery in desired location.
2. bolt or strap battery down. (this is for safety reasons)
3. locate a spot in the car to ground the battery. try to stay near the center line of the car. and be sure to be aware of where the gas tank is. you do not want to drill/screw into the gas tank. once you have located a spot to ground the battery, at this spot: scrape, sand or wire brush til bare clean metal shows. make a quarter size spot where the metal shows through.
4. use 4 gauge wire to ground the battery. From the bare metal and to the negative post on the battery. use the correct end terminals.
5. with the use of an automotive breaker or a large 60-80 amp fuse, place this inline of the 4 gauge power wire that will run from the battery to under the dashboard. DO NOT hook up the power cable to the positive side of the battery just yet. make sure to place the breaker/fuse with-in 12 inch of the battery. (this is for safety resons)
6. (under the dashboard) at this end of the power cable use a power distribution block. the most popular style is 1-4gauge in to a 4-8 gauge out. make sure to use the covers that come with the block.
7. run one 8 gauge wire to the the fuse box.
8. run two 8 gauge wires to the starter.
9. once steps 7 and 8 are finished. connect the positive side of the battery.
9. make sure to use shrink wrap, wire ties and E-tape where needed.
10. and use common sence!

hope this helps. if i have made any mistakes in these directions, "my bad".
Old 03-25-2007, 09:26 AM
Racetracks

And again, fuse position is critical, make sure it's on the battery end of the cable. Disobey this and your car might burn to the ground if the cable gets damaged.
Old 03-25-2007, 01:19 PM
Sumospeed #O.G.

SlowLS is an unknown quantity at this point

I reallay don't see why people would want to take weight off the front tires of a FWD car. But that is probably just me.
Old 03-25-2007, 02:00 PM
NEO VVL N1 BITCHES

JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot

i just did this in my se-r yesterday to take weight from in front of the front tires. weight ouside of your suspension(on the nose or far back of the trunk is always bad.i also wanted to make more room for my custom airbox im making. i made a batt. box out of alum. and am riveting it to the chassis in the back with huge rivets. im using a distribution block in the front(you can get from any audio store) and monstercable 4awg power wire. and a 0awg ground cable. the distribution block up front will have fuses(i guess 130amp but havnt figured that out yet for sure. and im going to use a 130amp breaker in the back right by the battery.
Old 03-25-2007, 04:14 PM
RagPhoto.net

99CIVICFTW will become famous soon enough99CIVICFTW will become famous soon enough

thanks for the help to the people who gave it.