Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

00 Teg Auto Trans issue

Old 06-23-2011, 09:08 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EGSlug EGSlug EGSlug
Default 00 Teg Auto Trans issue

Throwing code p1733 : Problem In shift control system : Shift Soleniod Valve D Stuck

I have reset the check engine light Three times, And also disconnected the battery. (Thought It was a faulty reading). There is a slight hesitation when driving between shifts, Nothing that makes me too worried, But you can tell.

Ive collected from searching the Soleniods are external on the Trans, Once you unbolt them, There are screens that need to be cleaned (Which im sure is the problem). What I cant figure out is WHICH ONE IT IS. A hayes manual would help, But ive yet to have an issue with this car, So Ive put it off. Is it the set directly on the top of the trans, Or the set towards the bottom left?...They both look identical to me...Anyone know which one im looking for?
Old 06-24-2011, 09:33 AM
Registered member

wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright
Default Re: 00 Teg Auto Trans issue

I tried looking and I did not find out which one is the one that you are have issues with. I would say if it is not that hard take both of them off and clean out and or replace the screen. Looking at pictures they have a screen that is built into the gasket.

I know that this did not answer the question.
Old 06-24-2011, 11:07 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Try this, I haven't downloaded it to see if it will be any help, but generally the stuff from that site works great. I think they're all the factory Helms manuals. It should have sections for both types of transmission.

http://hondatech.info/downloads/Auto/Manuals/Integra/
Old 07-14-2011, 06:16 PM
Registered Member

EGSlug EGSlug EGSlug

Unbolted sensors. There was a noticeable amount of debris in the screens so I cleaned it out with carb. cleaner. Half of the ATF drained out with the sensors unbolted, So i just decided to drain the trans completely and fill it back up with Honda ATF Z1..Shifted like butter afterwards. All lights are out. Problem solved. And just for anyone who searches this later, The shift soleniods are located on the bottom half of the trans on the passenger side. Have a drain pan ready, I learned the hard way. And thanks Fab for the online manual link it helped out alot.
Old 07-14-2011, 06:25 PM
Stiff Member

Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock

Good thread. This is what happens when someone types properly so we can understand what the hell they are asking for.

Added to you meager rep, may you have more in the future