Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

1.9L LS/VTEC HELP

Old 01-03-2008 | 05:51 AM
Don't quit!

Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia
Default Re: 1.9L LS/VTEC HELP

Last edited by Somalia; 01-14-2008 at 12:21 PM.
Old 01-03-2008 | 08:35 AM
Don't quit!

Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia

I dunno if these pics help any.
Old 01-03-2008 | 08:40 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

How was the cold start disabled? Depending on how this was done, this might be what it affecting the idle. If the fast idle thermo valve (FITV) was disconnected, it might be fighting the IACV for idle regulation.
It could also just be incomplete tuning, or a sensor problem. If it seems to run fine off-idle though, the sensors are probably fine.
Old 01-03-2008 | 08:40 AM
TurboPipingSystems

thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal

ok, then... I guess there might be a reason for still using an AFC.... I say get that CROME tuned for your set-up... even if it's just a street tune. That should fix your idling issue also.

There is not a whole lot of difference in tuning for street or dyno. Both process has the purpose of targeting the most efficient A/F ratio. The advantage of tuning on the dyno is having to see the powerband and obviously the whp numbers. The data available on the dyno helps a tuner make adjustments in relation to the power map. The sheet will help the tuner add/subtract fuel on certain RPM's to attain efficiency.
Old 01-03-2008 | 08:41 AM
TurboPipingSystems

thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal

Originally Posted by somalia4age

I dunno if these pics help any.
Cant see the pics....
Old 01-03-2008 | 08:46 AM
Don't quit!

Last edited by Somalia; 01-03-2008 at 03:07 PM.
Old 01-05-2008 | 06:07 PM
Registered member

dustyb20 dustyb20 dustyb20 dustyb20 dustyb20 dustyb20 dustyb20 dustyb20 dustyb20 dustyb20 dustyb20

[QUOTE=somalia4age;3708164]It came on the car already when we traded.

This is what I got when I talked to the engine builder.

He told me that the p28 ecu has crome on it but I think he said it has a stock b20 fuel map & thats why they used the safc2 to tune it. I am guessing they used it because the tuning was done "seat of your pants style" and not on a dyno. He said when I get the car dyno tuned with the ecu it will eliminate the need for h safc2.
I guess they didn't fully tune the ecu because they don't have a dyno in charlottesville (VA) I have no clue.QUOTE]

HAHA, you make us sound like a bunch of backwater hicks, when in fact you could barely move the car outta the parking lot, not because of tuning but your lack of ability to drive... enjoy your car... one day

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
How was the cold start disabled? Depending on how this was done, this might be what it affecting the idle. If the fast idle thermo valve (FITV) was disconnected, it might be fighting the IACV for idle regulation.
It could also just be incomplete tuning, or a sensor problem. If it seems to run fine off-idle though, the sensors are probably fine.
cold start was disabled thru ecu like he was told

Originally Posted by thermal
..."idiots"... wow!

Dont do it man...... hahaha...
the car no longer belongs to an actual "driver"
Old 01-05-2008 | 06:08 PM
Registered member

dustyb20 dustyb20 dustyb20 dustyb20 dustyb20 dustyb20 dustyb20 dustyb20 dustyb20 dustyb20 dustyb20

Originally Posted by somalia4age
It came on the car already when we traded.

This is what I got when I talked to the engine builder.

He told me that the p28 ecu has crome on it but I think he said it has a stock b20 fuel map & thats why they used the safc2 to tune it. I am guessing they used it because the tuning was done "seat of your pants style" and not on a dyno. He said when I get the car dyno tuned with the ecu it will eliminate the need for h safc2.
I guess they didn't fully tune the ecu because they don't have a dyno in charlottesville (VA) I have no clue.
HAHA, you make us sound like a bunch of backwater hicks, when in fact you could barely move the car outta the parking lot, not because of tuning but your lack of ability to drive... enjoy your car... one day

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
cold start was disabled thru ecu like he was told

Originally Posted by thermal
..."idiots"... wow!

Dont do it man...... hahaha...
the car no longer belongs to an actual "driver"
Old 01-05-2008 | 06:34 PM
99fbpem1

2doorex has disabled reputation

i just built a high compression all motor ls/vtec and it did the same thing for a while too except it would idle at like 2500 at startup and then it would surge. about 2-300 miles it stopped.
Old 01-05-2008 | 09:47 PM
Registered member

Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey

Originally Posted by dustyb20
i'm willing to put $5000 cash money in hand to say that 19 outta 20 of each of the people that view and/or read this thread don't have a car that can touch it...
Wow... seriously?

I would go have the car tuned just as everyone else has said. Take it somewhere who knows what they are doing and save yourself a lot of time..

Quick Reply: 1.9L LS/VTEC HELP