Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

10% Ethanol

Old 05-11-2006, 08:43 PM
I drive a coupe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR)
Default Re: 10% Ethanol

OK... a few things...

First...
I realize that I need fuel management and tuning, but I cannot afford it right now. Is there anything I can do without spending a lot of money?? My car ran great before, and obviously something is preventing it from working properly now. What I am asking is, does anybody have a suggestion for what to try without buying something expensive??

Secondly...
retard game...? Well apparently I havent blown my engine yet. If you want to give me some money so I can get my car tuned, be my guest but what the hell do you want me to do? Click my heels together 3 times and wish my car was tuned?

the car only runs lean under any kind of boost pressure, and since I am not going to go above a few psi until I get the problem fixed, my motor is not blown...

The car definately starts to throw a P0171 "System Too Lean" code if I hit too much boost so how is my car not running as lean as I say it is...?

Geez...
Old 05-11-2006, 08:46 PM
Justa lil 6

Dang Yo is a jewel in the roughDang Yo is a jewel in the roughDang Yo is a jewel in the roughDang Yo is a jewel in the roughDang Yo is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Hatch Man(GsR)
OK... a few things...

First...
I realize that I need fuel management and tuning, but I cannot afford it right now. Is there anything I can do without spending a lot of money?? My car ran great before, and obviously something is preventing it from working properly now. What I am asking is, does anybody have a suggestion for what to try without buying something expensive??

Secondly...
retard game...? Well apparently I havent blown my engine yet. If you want to give me some money so I can get my car tuned, be my guest but what the hell do you want me to do? Click my heels together 3 times and wish my car was tuned?

the car only runs lean under any kind of boost pressure, and since I am not going to go above a few psi until I get the problem fixed, my motor is not blown...

The car definately starts to throw a P0171 "System Too Lean" code if I hit too much boost so how is my car not running as lean as I say it is...?

Geez...
maybe a possible o2 sensor problem. i know with my civic when i was ls turbo i threw a code like that all the time system to rich and system to lean. changed my o2 sensor and it never came back on again.
Old 05-11-2006, 09:10 PM
I drive a coupe

Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR)

The o2 is fairly new though, I replaced it with a brand new one a few months ago...

I am going to replace my fuel filter and check the disk in the FMU to make sure it's not messed up in any way...
Old 05-11-2006, 09:12 PM
Registered member

Randy@FMS is on a distinguished road

Uberdata
Old 05-11-2006, 09:47 PM
New Year. Same Shit.

reocamaro is an unknown quantity at this point

I know I'm marching in uncharted import territory for me. But I have had my car dyno'd a few times w/ a constant a/f ratio of 11.0. The first tank w/ the new ethanol laced gas and I had a 13.2 ratio. Yes, it did make it that much more lean. Sorry the originator of this thread can't seem to get his car tuned. Regardless, it's gonna suck if he ends up blowing his motor.
Old 05-11-2006, 09:51 PM
I drive a coupe

Well its not like I am out tearin up the streets... lol I am not gonna blow my motor because I am not gonna get on it until it is right...
Old 05-12-2006, 03:31 AM
New Year. Same Shit.

reocamaro is an unknown quantity at this point

I didn't even know I was having a lean condition (never set off any codes) but when I got down on the dyno I could tell something wasn't right.
Old 05-12-2006, 11:20 AM
I drive a coupe

Too lean = slow...

I took apart my FMU, and sprayed everything with carb cleaner, it is working better, it run's rich up until about 6psi then it leans out. I will replace my fuel filter, and then my injectors if the filter makes no difference...
Old 05-12-2006, 11:27 AM
Means Slow

MABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud of

also try using decarb spray or GM top engine cleaner in your running engine. Saab use to have problems due to there 02 sensor reading bad cuz of carbon deposits. usually once we decarbed the engine the 02 sensor reads fine. It might help.
Old 05-12-2006, 11:48 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Well, if all else fails, run through that tank of gas gently and try some of whatever you were using before. I don't trust FMUs because of this kind of stuff though, they're a sketchy cheap solution that can destroy a very expensive engine.

Quick Reply: 10% Ethanol