Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

13sec 1/4 mile or faster with a LS

Old 09-04-2008, 06:34 PM
CREATOR=SCAMMER X2,

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
35thcamaross has disabled reputation
Default Re: 13sec 1/4 mile or faster with a LS

alright
Old 09-04-2008, 06:36 PM
All-Motor Street Car

JayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sorry, that was rude of me.

To each their own...I just wouldn't want you to go through all that mess for no real reason. Give you a great example...my dumbass wanted a fuel cell in my comp.4 car a few years ago...then found out they changed the rules on me so I had to re-mount it, and cover it with sheet metal. To comply to the rules I had to cut a larger hole in my hatch. Real big pain in the ass

Last edited by JayDM; 09-04-2008 at 06:39 PM.
Old 09-04-2008, 06:36 PM
DEY SEE ME TROLLIN

DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt

Also, you're not going to be fast all motor unless you invest ALOT of money or do a k-swap. And yes, honda nutswingers, i said it.
Old 09-04-2008, 06:38 PM
CREATOR=SCAMMER X2,

alright so i put a v-tec head on and a simple 8-10 psi turbo, sounds easy
Old 09-04-2008, 06:41 PM
All-Motor Street Car

JayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond repute

If you want to boost, leave the head alone and boost it. I've built stock ls's that have made 350whp. That would still be a lot of fun, and you'll get down the 1/4 pretty quick
Old 09-04-2008, 06:42 PM
DEY SEE ME TROLLIN

DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt

Originally Posted by 35thcamaross
alright so i put a v-tec head on and a simple 8-10 psi turbo, sounds easy
I've been out of the honda game for a lil while, but last time i checked, the ls-vtec was a unreliable swap because of the pressure it put on the bottom end, something about rod/stroke. Id look into it more.
Old 09-04-2008, 06:44 PM
All-Motor Street Car

Come on man, lets not go there. They're as reliable as you want them to be. R/S is still acceptable and safe

**let me say though, most stock rod/bolt lsvtecs I have seen are revved to the moon...this is why they blow
Old 09-04-2008, 06:47 PM
CREATOR=SCAMMER X2,

right now i have the non vtec motor, so a turbo kit on a non vtec ls is good enought, how much hp are you looking at from non-vtec to vtec. hell i the non vtec is good i'll just leave the motor alone. 350whp is safe on a stock motor with 120xxx miles on it
Old 09-04-2008, 06:49 PM
All-Motor Street Car

I wouldn't say "safe". All motors are different, I don't know the condition of yours. It would probably need to be re-ringed at the minimum, but if you go that far you might as well go a little further.

I think we could help more if you would be more specific with your goals and limitations. How much are you looking at spending? How fast do you want to go? How much knowledge do you have? Can you do work yourself?
Old 09-04-2008, 06:53 PM
CREATOR=SCAMMER X2,

knowledge wise for honda like 5%. i was all dsm. My goal in breaking 12 sec in the quarter for right now. i dont want to spend more then 3k im guessing. i dont care about looks on the car. i want it to go fast and handle good. So i guess my goals is go fast and handle good for 3k if possable, not affraid to go with used parts either. I dont want to go over 300whp with this engine

Quick Reply: 13sec 1/4 mile or faster with a LS