Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

13sec 1/4 mile or faster with a LS

Old 09-10-2008, 07:50 AM
da dragva kokopelli

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz
Default Re: 13sec 1/4 mile or faster with a LS

Originally Posted by HondaRules!
I understand what you're saying, but ITB's with Velocity stacks are very expensive. A JG Edelbrock, or Skunk2 intake is not real expensive, and will show good power gains.

And while a DTR or SMSP header will have larger gains (In the range of 3-5 hp more on a stock bottom end, a bit better on a more built car) Even a DC Sports will show 8-10 hp of improvement (especially with tuning), which is all that's needed to get to the performance level he wants, and to do it on a budget....

Crome ecu, already chipped, $140. Couple hours dyno time and tuning, $650 is a pretty good estimate most places from what I've seen.....And tuning will likely get as much as anything else....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

i was talking intake as far as a INTAKE, not a intake maniold. your prices were pretty good for a intake manifold. but all you said was intake. sorry. haha

shad at accuracy will tune a car on the dyno , take car of driveability on the dyno. and then power pulls and all that. for a great price, and none of my many tunes ive had with him have racked up that high.

and i did forget that this motor is relatively stock, and aiming for a goal with no intentions of spending any kind of real money on a header or likewise. so yeah you are right in this case.