Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

2000 BMW 323i x FUEL PUMP HARNESS AND FUSE NO POWER

Old 08-22-2011, 02:33 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MBP_HAWKEYE is infamous around these partsMBP_HAWKEYE is infamous around these partsMBP_HAWKEYE is infamous around these partsMBP_HAWKEYE is infamous around these partsMBP_HAWKEYE is infamous around these partsMBP_HAWKEYE is infamous around these partsMBP_HAWKEYE is infamous around these partsMBP_HAWKEYE is infamous around these partsMBP_HAWKEYE is infamous around these partsMBP_HAWKEYE is infamous around these partsMBP_HAWKEYE is infamous around these parts
Lightbulb 2000 BMW 323i x FUEL PUMP HARNESS AND FUSE NO POWER

I drive a 2000 bmw 323i as posted above, on the way to the Norfolk Naval base on 64 coing from chesapeake, my car cut off. On 64 before exit 284a to Virginia Beach the roads were stripped for construction, as I was driving off the stripped highway back to the slighty elevated old highway my car took a bump and cut off. I pulled over and tried to the restart the car. I immediately noticed the fuel pump would not prime. From there I decided to get the car towed. Today I took voltages at the fuel pump wiring harness 0v, fuel pump sending unit 0v and fuel pump fuse 0v. I then swapped the fuel pump relay and the horn relay because theyre essentially the same relay and no change. Because of the information ive gathered I decided not to waste time applying 12v to the fuel pump externally because the pump is down the string than the other things ive tested. Ive come to believe that the problem is from the ECU or crankshaft positioning sensor. I would appreciate it if any BMW owners would share their ideas and also if someone as a code reader and would be willing to travel I will pay for their time. Note: 1. the check engine light is not on, ive heard hidden codes are a possibility and if the code reader isnt able to connect I can only believe the ECU/DME is damaged or disconnected. 2. The engine cranks and I have no other indication of faults or reason to believe theres no spark in addition to the problems stated above. Thanks.