Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

2000 Civic Overheating

Old 08-13-2012, 08:22 AM
Flatulence

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov
Default Re: 2000 Civic Overheating

Originally Posted by nicbaines
And if i win, do i get to douche out your asshole? I HATE VADRIVEN!!!!
If you hate it, why are you posting? One word will make it go away.
Old 08-13-2012, 08:33 AM
Registered Member

Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy.

Originally Posted by NasTHatch
We can make a friendly bet. this guy bleeds the system and posts his results.

If bleeding the system fixes his issue you never post in here again.

If it doesn't you still never post in here
The air would have more than likely escaped when he had the radiator cap off and the car running. Sounds more like a blown head gasket to me.
Old 08-13-2012, 08:35 AM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

Originally Posted by Dough_Boy.
The air would have more than likely escaped when he had the radiator cap off and the car running. Sounds more like a blown head gasket to me.
Not always. In my Cobra theres a cap on the crossover that you have to open too. If you just remove the rad cap, an air pocket can still exist in the system
Old 08-13-2012, 08:40 AM
Registered Member

Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy.

I know that. But I'm pretty sure most hondas don't have those. I've very rarely seems them on import cars. Mostly GM, dodge, and ford use them.
Old 08-13-2012, 08:48 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by chinagreenelvis
Edit: I assume also that I could probably use a new reservoir cap. The "seal" inside looks like an old crumpled up rag. From what I'm told, however, the reservoir on this model is not pressurized.
It almost sounds like your cap is leaking and isn't holding system pressure. It doesn't matter if the reservoir is pressurized or not, becuase fluid only flows in/out of the reservoir when the pressure exceeds the breakover pressure on the cap. So if you have a pressure leak...
Old 08-13-2012, 08:51 AM
Eat A Dick

Riff Raff Riff Raff Riff Raff Riff Raff Riff Raff Riff Raff Riff Raff Riff Raff Riff Raff Riff Raff Riff Raff

ITS BROKE, K20 SWAP CUH
Old 08-13-2012, 09:33 AM
Registered Member

nicbaines nicbaines nicbaines nicbaines nicbaines nicbaines nicbaines nicbaines nicbaines nicbaines nicbaines

Originally Posted by PicovAndropov
If you hate it, why are you posting? One word will make it go away.
it is just sad that you go to a place to HELP someone and some FGT decides to shoot you down. this is an unconstructive forum that contains users that are happier swinning their dicks than giving constructive help.
Old 08-13-2012, 09:44 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by nicbaines
it is just sad that you go to a place to HELP someone and some FGT decides to shoot you down. this is an unconstructive forum that contains users that are happier swinning their dicks than giving constructive help.
My short answer is to spend less time criticizing and more time helping. You average about 10 posts per year, which means you aren't doing much of anything here, including helping people.
Old 08-13-2012, 09:49 AM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
My short answer is to spend less time criticizing and more time helping. You average about 10 posts per year, which means you aren't doing much of anything here, including helping people.
Lol.
Old 08-13-2012, 10:05 AM
TAINT PUNCHER!

Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby

Unless I missed it have you replaced the thermostat? It could be air in the system or a starting of a head gasket going. Sounds like your waterpump is working being as you stated you can see the fluid moving. Good luck on you endeavors.