Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

2004 rx8 hard to start..

Old 08-24-2011, 04:34 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pele has disabled reputation
Default Re: 2004 rx8 hard to start..

Originally Posted by Corey
So, Pele, you called half the people who replied idiots and then gave NO rx8 specific input other than rx8club.com? You're real helpful yourself.
Note the ecu reflash info as well. Beats the people telling him he needs a several thousand dollar engine rebuild, right off the bat with no diagnosis.

Originally Posted by Crnchy wen Blac
Back to the classifieds faggot. This post is full of fail
Point out the fail, asshole. Otherwise, go back to your FWD econoboxes.

Originally Posted by MORE IMPATIENT
your an idiot. You own an rx-7, can give no input on the rx-8, even though its a rotary its not the same setup, its alot newer with its own quirks. You give no first hand experience with the rx-8, get the fuck outta here. Your the one who is retarded. You may be able to spout of some things about the rotary motor. but your not helping this guy with much.
It's not exactly the same, but it's very similar. The rotors will interchange (Giving a significant compression ratio increase to the RX-7.) The eccentric shaft will swap out (Not significant, minor weight difference.) as well. The key difference between the RX-7 and RX-8 is the location of the exhaust ports.

However both engines have port fuel injection. Both have distributorless ignition. The crank angle sensor and fuel maps may be different, but the way they operate is very similar and they both have similar quirks. The RX-7 and RX-8 are more closely related than anything with a piston engine.

Again, I invite you to point out where exactly I gave any false information. Otherwise, get your lack of grade school English outta here.
Old 08-24-2011, 05:24 PM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

thats fantastic pele. so they are SIMILAR. not THE SAME.

are you telling me that your more familiar with the RX-8 than pretty much every other RX-8 OWNER out there who complains about the same problems, have the same problems, and have to figure said problems out and deal with the quirks of the rx-8. Im not saying you dont know what your talking about when it comes to rotaries, cause you obviously have some knowledge. What I had a problem with is you saying people are retarded when the entire rx-8 population, hell even the dealers are well aware of the problems and that they suck, when you have no first hand experience with the rx-8 itself. Ive dealt with 6 customers in our shop with rx-8's who have to deal with these problems. We learned the first time around since the guy didnt tell us about all these things, the damn car didnt start for 2 days. After he picks it up he starts to spout off his problems with the car and the things he has to do to keep them from happening so we learned how to treat an rx8 when it comes in the shop. Yes the car can be reiable, you just have to know what to do.
Old 08-24-2011, 08:49 PM
i pooped a squirrel

Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes

Originally Posted by Pele
Note the ecu reflash info as well. Beats the people telling him he needs a several thousand dollar engine rebuild, right off the bat with no diagnosis.

Point out the fail, asshole. Otherwise, go back to your FWD econoboxes.

It's not exactly the same, but it's very similar. The rotors will interchange (Giving a significant compression ratio increase to the RX-7.) The eccentric shaft will swap out (Not significant, minor weight difference.) as well. The key difference between the RX-7 and RX-8 is the location of the exhaust ports.

However both engines have port fuel injection. Both have distributorless ignition. The crank angle sensor and fuel maps may be different, but the way they operate is very similar and they both have similar quirks. The RX-7 and RX-8 are more closely related than anything with a piston engine.

Again, I invite you to point out where exactly I gave any false information. Otherwise, get your lack of grade school English outta here.
The fail is you posting absolutely nothing of use, you have never owned an rx8 yet procede to write an essay based on nothing more than shit from the internet. Secondly I never said the motor needed to be rebuilt, I said its more than likely flooded and proper procedures should be taken to fix that. Third, ill continue to enjoy my "econoboxes" while you act like every other elitist fuckhead who dismisses a honda solely because its fwd.

And last, get your retarded ass back to the classifieds. You are a nobody here.
Old 08-25-2011, 05:21 AM
NAZI mod

BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER

OP:

It's a rotary. Nobody understands them, they are giant pieces of shit and you should probably just LS1 swap it and be done with it.

/thread.
Old 08-25-2011, 06:10 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by MORE IMPATIENT
thats fantastic pele. so they are SIMILAR. not THE SAME.

are you telling me that your more familiar with the RX-8 than pretty much every other RX-8 OWNER out there who complains about the same problems, have the same problems, and have to figure said problems out and deal with the quirks of the rx-8. Im not saying you dont know what your talking about when it comes to rotaries, cause you obviously have some knowledge. What I had a problem with is you saying people are retarded when the entire rx-8 population, hell even the dealers are well aware of the problems and that they suck, when you have no first hand experience with the rx-8 itself. Ive dealt with 6 customers in our shop with rx-8's who have to deal with these problems. We learned the first time around since the guy didnt tell us about all these things, the damn car didnt start for 2 days. After he picks it up he starts to spout off his problems with the car and the things he has to do to keep them from happening so we learned how to treat an rx8 when it comes in the shop. Yes the car can be reiable, you just have to know what to do.
He clearly didn't do the research before buying it. I was giving him the basics.
Similar works for the basics.

The fail is you posting absolutely nothing of use, you have never owned an rx8 yet procede to write an essay based on nothing more than shit from the internet. Secondly I never said the motor needed to be rebuilt, I said its more than likely flooded and proper procedures should be taken to fix that. Third, ill continue to enjoy my "econoboxes" while you act like every other elitist fuckhead who dismisses a honda solely because its fwd.

And last, get your retarded ass back to the classifieds. You are a nobody here.
I don't dismiss Hondas. Honda makes some of the best HP per displacement engines out there. I don't think they've ever built a vehicle that I found to be an engineering failure like the Germans.

I dismiss people who talk a buncha shit without having any useful info to back it up. It runs a lot in the Honda community, I've noticed.

I also dismiss people with an inflated sense of importance (also runs in the Honda community.) Unlike you, I know I'm not much here. Who the fuck do you think you're supposed to be though?

Last edited by Pele; 08-25-2011 at 06:12 AM.
Old 08-25-2011, 06:50 AM
Forcibly Repped

Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu

digging hole deeper
Old 08-25-2011, 07:32 AM
i pooped a squirrel

Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes

He clearly didn't do the research before buying it. I was giving him the basics.
Similar works for the basics.

I don't dismiss Hondas. Honda makes some of the best HP per displacement engines out there. I don't think they've ever built a vehicle that I found to be an engineering failure like the Germans.

I dismiss people who talk a buncha shit without having any useful info to back it up. It runs a lot in the Honda community, I've noticed.

I also dismiss people with an inflated sense of importance (also runs in the Honda community.) Unlike you, I know I'm not much here. Who the fuck do you think you're supposed to be though?
With the exception of a few people, myself included, in the honda community are what you described. But people like that are found in any model or manufacturer specific community, like mustang owners.

Also im noone of importance, but im more relevant to this site than you will ever be. And if you want to give someone the basic info on their car how about you try giving them info on their actual car, not a car that's been out of production for for the past 9 years
Old 08-25-2011, 07:35 AM
Registered Member

Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Google is a wonderful thing isn't it?
Old 08-25-2011, 08:15 AM
Registered Member

With the exception of a few people, myself included, in the honda community are what you described. But people like that are found in any model or manufacturer specific community, like mustang owners.

Also im noone of importance, but im more relevant to this site than you will ever be. And if you want to give someone the basic info on their car how about you try giving them info on their actual car, not a car that's been out of production for for the past 9 years
Let me know how any of that's NOT related to his car.

Originally Posted by Reloaded.
Google is a wonderful thing isn't it?
Not quite as wonderful as having been a part of the Rotary Engine community for twelve years, building a couple small side businesses supporting the community, and moderating at one of the major forums.
Old 08-25-2011, 08:22 AM
i pooped a squirrel

Originally Posted by ghey
Your the one who drives an accord, faggot
HAHAHAHAHA cool first post bro. Your username says everything I need to know about you. Yeah I drive an accord, wanna know about it?

Its paid for, has 37k miles and the ac will freeze your cock off. Anything else faggot?

Edit: and if pele knows shit about shit he would know he's digging himself a hole he can't get out of on this site, you're doing the same

Quick Reply: 2004 rx8 hard to start..