Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

240sx guys.. help me out? turbo/BOV question

Old 08-28-2010, 04:14 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RVAmm has disabled reputation
Default Re: 240sx guys.. help me out? turbo/BOV question

alright i get what youre saying i think. but i just realize i kinda left out a huge part in the OP.. as i stated it, it sounds like i was saying the blow off was directly causing the stumble from idle, which it isnt. basically it was bogging down after high rpm/boosting, so the injectors are restricted at lower rpm to prevent the bogging.. so in turn it stumbles when quickly stepping on the throttle.

so basically... VTA blow off ->bogging down after boosting -> restrict injectors to fix it -> stumble when quickly stepping on gas.

so my point was if i trace it back to the start of the problem and replace the vent to atmosphere bov with a recirculating bov and clean up the tune, should it be fixed?

thats regarding the stumble from idle anyway... im gonna look further into the surge (or if it is even is surge)

and its a nistune ecu by the way.

i know a bunch of 240s use VTA blow offs though.. so im gonna talk to scott henessey about cleaning up the tune little bit to see that could fix it on its own.

and thanks for all the serious responses