Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

300zx tranny conversion

Old 10-14-2003, 02:58 PM
Former 757'er

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous

OS Giken clutches are the shit. I had a twin-plate on my 90 RX7 turbo in Japan and it was beast. It was great for drifting because it was instant grab and ZERO slippage. An unsprung clutch does wear out fast though and you need a good flywheel so the slutch doesn't eat into it with hard use.
Old 10-14-2003, 03:05 PM
Atheist.

Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker

The OS Giken clutch for the 300ZX comes with a flywheel. You're not supposed to use any other flywheel with their clutch. I think JUN's is the same way.
Old 10-14-2003, 03:25 PM
Former 757'er

Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous

Originally posted by Skywalker
The OS Giken clutch for the 300ZX comes with a flywheel. You're not supposed to use any other flywheel with their clutch. I think JUN's is the same way.
I've seen a couple dual plates that don't, but they weren't JDM clutches.
Have you looked into a TH350 or TH400 swap? They can hold anything with just a little investment into them. That's if you want an auto.
Old 10-15-2003, 09:52 AM
Atheist.

Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker

Negative, but will do.
Old 10-16-2003, 07:02 AM
Iridium V

MGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond repute

Hey everyone. I spoke with DOC last night about what you were talking about. I don't necessarily want the RB26 6 speed, just a six speed. I may just have to get a custom main shaft built. I want to run the same 1-4 ratios, a slightly closer 5th and ofcourse a sixth. (Goal to reach over 200 MPH) I know it's a bit crazy but I would like to see about doing that.
Old 10-16-2003, 08:54 AM
Atheist.

Best bet is the Hollinger. Either way, you must have a very favorable financial situation.