Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

89 crx with jdm d15b wont start! fuck

Old 09-21-2005, 05:46 PM
cubs 4 life

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
boostedgst97 has disabled reputation
Default Re: 89 crx with jdm d15b wont start! fuck

better check the fuel pump like my dad said
Old 09-21-2005, 06:12 PM
corona connessuer

CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA

Originally Posted by dorko
i got it towed to my house right b4 you said that..so..
if you can come to me that would be better....and i hope you arent in guam..!
lol
naw im in portsmouth only like 10 minutes outside of the monitor-merrimac off 664
Old 09-21-2005, 07:02 PM
Bearded.

DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO

well i took the dizzy off and replaced it with the dizzy that came with the motor from hmo...and then i saw the timing belt...its real loose on the side that faces the exhaust manifold, and tighter on the intake manifold side...i dont knwo if its supposed to be liek that or whatever..but..

i also drained the oil to get out all of the gas that was in it, out..

so its not flooded any more, and its got another dizzy on it, and i think the timing is off...or it jumped a tooth on the cam gear..or soemthing, im not sure..but

if you could help me out on other things that i can check...let me know ASAP!

jimmy told me to check the compression , but i dont have the tools to do it ...so

iuno...
Old 09-21-2005, 07:46 PM
Patron

crx si 2004 is an unknown quantity at this point

correct me if im wrong guys but there should never be any gas in the oil.... ??
Old 09-21-2005, 09:26 PM
Bearded.

i kno thats why there is a problem...i kept trying to start it, and all it did was squirt fuel...so there was no spark to burn the fuel, so all the fuel was sitting on top the pistons, then every time id try to start it, no spark and MORE fuel...so now there is hella gas in the oil, so i have to change the oil again! for the 4th time in 3 weeks, and start from scratch again.. also THERE IS NO SPARK, we checked at the dizzy, and through the wire...so im guessing that there is no spark coming FROM THE WIREHANESS????!? i dont know...i didnt do any of the wiring for this car.BERT here on drag did...i called him earlier today, and he told me what to do , i did it, and still nothing...

we just cannot get any thing to fucking spark...i mean we messsed with the timing, and the motor rev's over fine, but it dosent fuckign start at all...battery is fine, ECU is fine, spark plugs are fine, wires are fine..

quick question?: what is the resistance supposed to read on a multio meter when you are checking resistance on spark plug wires? i have oem liek skinny as a bitch wires, and i also have a set of 9.3mm wires? what is the difference in ohms? is resistance suposed to be low or high?

thank you again...
Old 09-22-2005, 03:15 AM
corona connessuer

CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA

Originally Posted by CHAHONDA
tow it to me and ill get it running. seriously
yup
Old 09-22-2005, 03:18 PM
Registered Member

hondazccivic is an unknown quantity at this point

If there is gas in the oil, that could suggest that your timing is off. It also may be other things aswell. You must elimiate certain things to find the problem. Simple diagnoses can be done here to narrow down the problem. An engine doesn't need much to run right? What does it need to run, fuel, air, and spark. You take a way one of these things, and it will never run. But if it has all these things, then I would say your timing is off. Make sure when you put your dizz on, that it is put on the right way. It can be turned slightly to advance or retart ignition. Your valve timing also could be off. Put cylinder #1 to TDC (top dead center), and check if the timing marks line up in two locations:
#1 The crankshaft pulley and timing belt cover should have marks that correspond with eachother.
#2 The cam gear(s) should have an indented line that is level with the cylinder head, the line is on the rear of the gear.
Try these things and fill us in on your results. Also get a buddy to check to see if ur plugs are firing at all, or even a parent, much easier and quicker. Hope this helped.
Old 09-22-2005, 04:32 PM
No more yellow

bigbodycrx has disabled reputation

ive got a single cam zc vtec and i had to take it to get completly wired for obd1 so it would run. a different distributor was put on. i believe off a del sol. and had a p28 wired in and it runs fine ever since. i dunno what your budget is but to save a head ache you might wanna take it somewhere. just my two cents. good luck either way.
Old 09-22-2005, 05:50 PM
corona connessuer

man i can fix the car but sorry im not mobile so i dont do house calls. if you want to get it towed then i can fix it. i have alot of tools and diagnostic eqquipment so i do everything at my house. there are quite a few people on drag who i have done work for.
Old 09-23-2005, 08:50 AM
Bearded.

this car ran perfectly fine when BOOSTED TSI drove it...ask him..

but any wayz...IT HAS NO SPARK>..i need someone to come over my house that is very knowledgable and help me fix this problem, i will buy you dinner, pay for gas and give you extra labor $....but thats only if you fix the problem...

i need this fixed asap>>! please and thank you

Quick Reply: 89 crx with jdm d15b wont start! fuck