Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

91 integra problem

Old 08-13-2005, 12:57 PM
Grip Syndicate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mportedcivicsi has much to be proud ofmportedcivicsi has much to be proud ofmportedcivicsi has much to be proud ofmportedcivicsi has much to be proud ofmportedcivicsi has much to be proud ofmportedcivicsi has much to be proud ofmportedcivicsi has much to be proud ofmportedcivicsi has much to be proud ofmportedcivicsi has much to be proud ofmportedcivicsi has much to be proud ofmportedcivicsi has much to be proud of
Default Re: 91 integra problem

Originally Posted by ZeroMR
Did you check to see if you are getting spark and fuel?
My case, yes I have spark and fuel...so I dont know what the deal is...I know its killing my pocket though cause Im driving my SUV and the 5.7l in that sucks down gas...oh and I really miss the a/c in the teggy.
Old 08-16-2005, 12:28 AM
Registered Member

pimpingreen13 is an unknown quantity at this point

well i know this is a stupid question but i was wondering if instead of pulling the gas tank to replace the fuel pump if i put an electric inline pump if it would work?
[
Old 08-20-2005, 08:07 PM
Registered Member

has anybody changed a fuel pump before?
Old 08-20-2005, 10:58 PM
Registered Member

sprack is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by mportedcivicsi
Take the knee bolster off the lower dash it will let a little more light in...I just layed upside down in the seat so I was right under the dash. When you are looking back up in the dash and the steering column is your center...look to the right of it. It has an attached bracket that you have to unbolt(10mm). Its not just right at the bottom of the dash...its up a little. Its brown, about 2in accross and has a connector right in the middle of it that will disconnect pretty easy. Connector has like 7 wires coming out of it...

Well mine still wont start...anyone have any other suggestions? Everything seems good, but just wont start up. I get spark, hear the fuel pump come on and can smell the fuel if turned over to much, good batt, new main relay now...Help?!
pull the spark plugs and check them out...you may have fouled them out.

i just had that problem with a ranger the other day....cranked but didnt start. fuel was good, spark was good, compression was good. but the spark plugs were fouled majorly. tossed some new ones in and it fired right up. good luck
Old 08-21-2005, 12:17 PM
Registered Member

i checked the plugs and they looked good to me....Also i disconnected the fuel filter and looked at both the lines from it going pump to the fuel filter and also from the fuel filter to the fuel rail and they both get fuel. I then checked to see if there was any spark. Pulled one of the spark plug wires and hooked it up to a plug and tried to ground it to the block and it did NOT spark. I then changed the dist. coilpack and tried to start and it still did not start...any other ideas? It turns over just dosent seem to want to fire. I need to get this piece running. oh and i also tried to change the relay and it still did not work..
Originally Posted by sprack
pull the spark plugs and check them out...you may have fouled them out.

i just had that problem with a ranger the other day....cranked but didnt start. fuel was good, spark was good, compression was good. but the spark plugs were fouled majorly. tossed some new ones in and it fired right up. good luck
Old 08-21-2005, 01:17 PM
OM NOM NOM E30

JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87

lord

the relays dont usually go bad when the car is already running, the relays show there ugly face when the car has been sitting in the sun and what not. The soder inside the relays cracks over time, and for some reason it doesnt like heat. Instead of cranking the car over and over and looking like a dumbass. Just put the key in on and listen for the "click" about 2 seconds after u put the key in on. If you hear the clikc then your relay engaged. If you didnt then try it again, put the blower on high to get some air down there. I fought that relay for 2 summers before replacing it. 38 bucks online from the dealer.

As for the spark issues, use a screw driver to check spark with the spark plug wire in ur hand. I dont know how u tried to see that shit on the block. Make sure your screw driver is insulated. If you dont have spark its gonna either be the coil, or the ignition module most of the time. Stupid common problems on the DA's. Take them out and bring them to advance they can test them there. At least the one on tidewater Dr. in norfolk does. In the 3.5 years ive had my DA. Ive been through 2 coils, and 2 ignition modules.

http://www.g2ic.com/forums/

Last edited by JETSWU87; 08-21-2005 at 01:20 PM.
Old 08-21-2005, 07:07 PM
YourMomIsMyAddiction

JOE-C is an unknown quantity at this point

thats cool the ignition module is underneath the steering wheel right? also about how much does that run? But if its the ignition module thats fucked the car should still spark..so i guess ill have to check if theres spark whenever I have time..also does advance actually test the ignition modules? thanks for the help. oh yeah by the way this is pimpingreen13 im under my boys log in.
Originally Posted by JETSWU87
lord

the relays dont usually go bad when the car is already running, the relays show there ugly face when the car has been sitting in the sun and what not. The soder inside the relays cracks over time, and for some reason it doesnt like heat. Instead of cranking the car over and over and looking like a dumbass. Just put the key in on and listen for the "click" about 2 seconds after u put the key in on. If you hear the clikc then your relay engaged. If you didnt then try it again, put the blower on high to get some air down there. I fought that relay for 2 summers before replacing it. 38 bucks online from the dealer.

As for the spark issues, use a screw driver to check spark with the spark plug wire in ur hand. I dont know how u tried to see that shit on the block. Make sure your screw driver is insulated. If you dont have spark its gonna either be the coil, or the ignition module most of the time. Stupid common problems on the DA's. Take them out and bring them to advance they can test them there. At least the one on tidewater Dr. in norfolk does. In the 3.5 years ive had my DA. Ive been through 2 coils, and 2 ignition modules.

http://www.g2ic.com/forums/

Last edited by JOE-C; 08-21-2005 at 07:10 PM.
Old 08-21-2005, 07:59 PM
OM NOM NOM E30

JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87

uhhh the ignition module is in the distributor. Its slim and brown/black, has all the wires hooked to it. If this is bad you shouldnt have any spark i believe. The advance on tidewater drive in norfolk does, im sure others do as well...though ive gotten the run around before.

But judging by ur ecu code its fuel system related. Check for spark like i said and go from there, take you 30 seconds to do that.
Old 08-22-2005, 10:24 PM
Registered Member

ok ill try that when i get a chance. also how much does the ignitor run?
Originally Posted by JETSWU87
uhhh the ignition module is in the distributor. Its slim and brown/black, has all the wires hooked to it. If this is bad you shouldnt have any spark i believe. The advance on tidewater drive in norfolk does, im sure others do as well...though ive gotten the run around before.

But judging by ur ecu code its fuel system related. Check for spark like i said and go from there, take you 30 seconds to do that.
Old 08-23-2005, 03:13 PM
OM NOM NOM E30

http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductD...pe=194&ptset=C

$84

Quick Reply: 91 integra problem