Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

92 integra b18b no start, no turn over problem... ive done it all.

Old 07-20-2011, 03:30 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gs dewd has disabled reputation
Default Re: 92 integra b18b no start, no turn over problem... ive done it all.

Also make sure you have power going into the ign. switch and back out when you turn the key. Check for voltage at the starter and at the sol. wire when key is rotated
Old 07-20-2011, 04:17 PM
Registered Member

DumpedDA has disabled reputation

check grounds and main + connections for corrosion. there is s ground under or near the battery tray that likes to corrode.
Old 07-20-2011, 05:04 PM
Registered Member

92teggin has disabled reputation

fortunitly i returned the parts and got my money back. so still back to square one. the starter relay is in the middle of the dash, and is the only clicking i hear. no fuel pump no nothing, i re routed the battery ground to a cleaner metal contact on the chassis that i made. the starter is recieving batt volt, but nothing seems to coming out even when i turn the key. no drop or nothing. i have another ground coming from the motor to the chassis as well, cleaned and checked those. no popped fuses for any of the curcuits all checked. all alt connections, relay connections have been cleaned, dis-connected and connected. even connections that had nothing to do with the curcuit. am i missing a ground? the blk/wht wire coming off the starter goes into the main harness and back to the relay. and the relay is infact clicking. but i kno that doesnt mean its working. so like you said ill check for bat volt out of the relay. if this isnt it, and there arnt any more grounds, might be time to buy an AK-47. alot of people are saying that the starter relay still wouldnt explain why the fuel pump isnt priming... thanks for your help very much needed
Old 07-20-2011, 05:20 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by 92teggin
alot of people are saying that the starter relay still wouldnt explain why the fuel pump isnt priming...
A power or ground problem could easily affect both the starter relay and the fuel pump. You probably need to bring someone else into the picture who knows a little more about how to interpret what you're seeing.

If the starter is receiving battery voltage, it should be turning. So either it isn't receiving battery voltage or you're looking at the wrong thing. Or you're missing the main ground path between the starter and the battery negative.
Old 07-20-2011, 06:29 PM
Registered Member

92teggin has disabled reputation

without taking offence, i kno what im looking at. i had my buddy from lexus come and take a sec to look over what im at. anyways, i tested power to the starter relay, and recieved 11.98 volts and the same leaving towards the clutch position switch on the pedal. but no voltage leaveing the relay with the key in the starting position on the other blk/r wire. so im banking on the relay being faulty. again thank you for your help. im determined that this is it.
Old 07-20-2011, 06:34 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

If you've done the testing and have the logic to back it up, replace the relay.

Make sure that the relay coil is getting switched too. If the coil doesn't get switched, the starter relay contacts aren't going to close and supply power to the starter. Have you tested that already?