Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

92 talon tsi

Old 02-01-2010, 09:03 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
backtoarms backtoarms backtoarms backtoarms backtoarms backtoarms backtoarms
Default Re: 92 talon tsi

Might want to check spark and fuel first before you go purchasing plugs, fuel filter, etc.
Old 02-02-2010, 05:59 PM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by 91cb7
no check engine light, haven't done anythin but ty to fix the oil leak due to the cracked valve cover. I'm just gonna get a new one.. I've been told it could be a ton of different things from the MAF to a fuel filter... and everything between... has anyone seen this and if so what is the normal causes
You answered your own question. It could be any of those things. Also it's an OBDI car so don't expect the CEL to tell you much. You need to hook it up to a datalogger to see what's going on.

People love to hate these cars and most of the time refuse to properly maintain them or do anything correctly and destroy them rather than do things right. More than likely some parts are installed wrong. Probably vacuum/boost leaks.
Old 02-03-2010, 01:38 PM
Registered Member

91cb7 has disabled reputation

ok so i had the car running and pinched off the four vac lins to the throtle body and no change. I i felt for pressure at the hose to the intake and it stumbles when boost starts to build but there is a boost control valve in ther that i just noticed and don't know if that might be doin it. I also think the people before me put regular gas in it and it's spitting carbon out the tailpipe... i know that's not good. If anyone in norfolk has a stock tsi i'ld like to look at it to compare see if there is anything else that i'm not noticing cause i'm unfamiliar with this motor...
Old 02-03-2010, 03:10 PM
Havoc

Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong

If you can make it to hampton you can take a look at my 91 GSX its stock.
Old 02-06-2010, 10:57 AM
Registered Member

well the vaccum lines are fine... but i jumped a tooth on the timeing... i'm hoping that's all that's wrong with it
Old 02-06-2010, 11:06 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by 91cb7
but i jumped a tooth on the timeing...
That will definitely cause problems, that's for sure.

Buying a used DSM is a gamble. Most of them have been passed around so many times to so many shade tree mechanics (I use that term loosely) that you never know what you actually have or what the quality of the work is. It's kinda like buying a CRX. After the first 15 owners, usually half of the car has been completely fucked up by idiots.
Old 02-07-2010, 06:26 PM
Registered Member

yea but i'll get it right... and talkin to my pops it may also have a carbon build up... cause i think that the last owner use reg gas in it... but with two mechnics in my fam i'll get it done
Old 02-14-2010, 02:23 PM
Registered Member

everything i was thinking was wrong... the timing belt was off a bit and the balance belt broke and got jamed in... i believe that's all that's wrong with it.. i'll let ya'll know when i fix it later this week
Old 02-21-2010, 04:10 AM
Registered Member

widebody91hatch has disabled reputation

timing belts and pullys have been changed and fixed along with the water pump. it runs a bit better but stumbles a little still but only after it warms up... and now the cooling fans only kick on when the ac is on and we can't get them on any other way even if we jump it???? it's reading normal heat on the cluster but it'll boil over???? anyone have an idea.
Old 02-21-2010, 09:55 AM
Registered Member

99GST has disabled reputation

That could definately be it.

Quick Reply: 92 talon tsi