Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

94 civic hatchback dx

Old 07-12-2007, 09:51 PM
CTR
ACCOUNTANT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CTR has disabled reputation
Default Re: 94 civic hatchback dx

Originally Posted by Aim m3 Lat3r
how well will it narrow the sure thing that the head gasket is blown by doing a compession test. i mean. there are leaks. i think there is so much coolant coming back into the resosvior that it just spits out from the top of the resovior. anything else i should consider to find out exactly why there is hard core white smoke with a coolant smell? everyone thanks for the input. thank you
the coolant is not overflowing. the coolant is being burnt. the headgasket seals the head and the block together. it was lifted for some odd reason, and now the coolant that circulates through the engine is spliiting in to the combustion chamber. which gets burned as it cycles. it will continue to burn coolant, sweet smelling smoke coming out your exhaust, and the only way to stop it is to replace the headgasket with a new one.

hope that helps. good luck.

Last edited by CTR; 07-12-2007 at 09:54 PM.
Old 07-13-2007, 04:27 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aim m3 Lat3r has disabled reputation
Default Re: 94 civic hatchback dx

it has too b.c i see some coolant stains around the area where the resovior cap is located. and its always over filling when i see it empty 30 mins ago. it has to go somewhere besides burning in cumbustion camber. but it could be

Originally Posted by CTR
the coolant is not overflowing. the coolant is being burnt. the headgasket seals the head and the block together. it was lifted for some odd reason, and now the coolant that circulates through the engine is spliiting in to the combustion chamber. which gets burned as it cycles. it will continue to burn coolant, sweet smelling smoke coming out your exhaust, and the only way to stop it is to replace the headgasket with a new one.

hope that helps. good luck.