Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

94 plymouth voyager...electrical problems

Old 11-17-2008, 06:41 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fuzzymike has disabled reputation
Default 94 plymouth voyager...electrical problems

The horn dosn't work in my parents van. I haven't seen a fuse for it. It's getting power to the connectors. I tryed looking online for the relay location and can't find it.

The radio only lights up and the cig lighter which keeps shorting and blowing the fuse. Could these be all on the same circuit?

I tryed looking online but can't find a schematic!
Old 11-17-2008, 08:13 PM
Racetracks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: 94 plymouth voyager...electrical problems

They could be on the same circuit. There is a chance that the slipring in the steering column is worn out and isn't making contact any more, so the button on the steering wheel might not be getting any power. Which connectors are getting power? Check for a coin in the cig lighter socket, that is very common with minivans (you think I'm joking..)and will blow a fuse instantly. If the radio is dead, it might be causing the blown fuse also, or it could be that it's not getting power and is only lighting up because of some strange way that the illumination/dimmer circuit is designed in that particular unit. Everything (cig lighter, radio, etc.) can be disconnected, so you can try to eliminate whatever device is blowing fuses. This of course assumes that the problem is with the device and not the wiring harness. It's a place to start though.