Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

95 integra overheating issue need help bad

Old 02-24-2012, 02:21 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Valocalrep Valocalrep Valocalrep Valocalrep Valocalrep Valocalrep Valocalrep Valocalrep Valocalrep Valocalrep Valocalrep
Default 95 integra overheating issue need help bad

Ok my 95 integra is overheating bad, it starts to warm up when i come to a red light and my heat starts to blow cold air, it will normaly go to 80 percent or more depends on how long im sitting but when i start to move it cools back off. But today it was overheating while driving and started to redline.
I HAVE already, checked fluids, they are full, Replaced thermostat and gasket, didnt make a slightest bit of difference. Any Ideas i need it fixed ASAP
Old 02-24-2012, 02:43 PM
Registered Member

im_a_JdM_FruiT has disabled reputation
Default Re: 95 integra overheating issue need help bad

clogged radiator? I've encountered those a few times when previous owners thought it was a good idea to pour stop leak or some bullshit stuff into their cooling system.
Old 02-24-2012, 02:58 PM
Banned

White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil

Originally Posted by Valocalrep
Ok my 95 integra is overheating bad, it starts to warm up when i come to a red light and my heat starts to blow cold air, it will normaly go to 80 percent or more depends on how long im sitting but when i start to move it cools back off. But today it was overheating while driving and started to redline.
I HAVE already, checked fluids, they are full, Replaced thermostat and gasket, didnt make a slightest bit of difference. Any Ideas i need it fixed ASAP
I would suggest a radiator flush. If it does it again then let the car idle to operating temp (at least a few minutes), then carefully squeeze the radiator hose if its not hot. If it is hard to squeeze and you feel antifreeze inside then the thermostat is doing its job.

After the flush, fill with fresh 50/50 antifreeze (half water, half anti...) and see if it does it again.

Last edited by White Devil; 02-24-2012 at 03:01 PM.
Old 02-24-2012, 03:16 PM
Registered Member

Valocalrep Valocalrep Valocalrep Valocalrep Valocalrep Valocalrep Valocalrep Valocalrep Valocalrep Valocalrep Valocalrep

Originally Posted by Delbanner
I would suggest a radiator flush. If it does it again then let the car idle to operating temp (at least a few minutes), then carefully squeeze the radiator hose if its not hot. If it is hard to squeeze and you feel antifreeze inside then the thermostat is doing its job.

After the flush, fill with fresh 50/50 antifreeze (half water, half anti...) and see if it does it again.
the radiator was jsut replaced like a month ago and the guy said he did a flush on it when he changed it out.
Old 02-24-2012, 03:28 PM
Previously Odyssey

Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime

Maybe:

*Air trapped in system - burp/bleed coolant system

*Coolant temp sensor fucked? Integra's have 2 sensors right? (one for ECU --one for gauge cluster?? They are right next to each other on mine) Maybe the small sensor that goes to gauge is fucked. When mine took a shit it actually did the opposite, it didn't read any temp lol

*And is the fan cycling on like it's supposed to?

I would say thermostat for the cold air thing or you leaked coolant, but you said you replaced it and fluid was topped off.

Last edited by Odysseus Prime; 02-24-2012 at 03:33 PM.
Old 02-24-2012, 06:14 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by Valocalrep
the radiator was jsut replaced like a month ago and the guy said he did a flush on it when he changed it out.
Something was probably done wrong with the install. Should be an easy fix.
Old 03-01-2012, 07:09 PM
Registered member

Turbobonics has disabled reputation

Head gasket or intake Mani gasket, have u ruled these 2 out
Old 03-03-2012, 03:06 PM
Registered Member

gameoverr96 has disabled reputation

its possible you have air in the system...are your cooling fans working at all?? and also how long have u been driving it with this overheating problem? because it wont be long before u blow a head gasket if u havent already
Old 03-04-2012, 05:23 PM
Registered Member

civic530hp_pump has disabled reputation

I will tell you easy thing is pressure check the system. I have seen everything from the peep hole on the waterpump to the seals on the water valley tube .first check for anti in the oil if oil is milky looking replace headgasket. If oil is normal then pressure check system and can use a headgasket detection kit to check for leaks or bad headgasket.
Old 03-04-2012, 08:07 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Are you talking about the weep hole to equalize seal pressure? I don't think there is a peep hole. If there is, its made for people with very small eyes.

Quick Reply: 95 integra overheating issue need help bad