Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

96 civic gsr swap help

Old 12-17-2011, 10:19 AM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pozzible123@aol has disabled reputation
Default Re: 96 civic gsr swap help

ok well i just found out its not the crankshaft position sensor its the knock sensor and the o2 so now im back to square one and i need to find out if that is important for the vtec to work
Old 12-17-2011, 11:37 AM
Registered member

wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright

Fix the fucking Cel... Then work towards other things that might be causing the issue. The ECU is telling you that you have a bad 02 and the knock sensor is not reading. go to http://www.ff-squad.com/technet/
Old 12-25-2011, 08:43 AM
Registered Member

dc5ek has disabled reputation

Yes the Damn knock sensor is your vtec problem,so plug it in or get one if its bad. Fix the o2 sensor,and all your problems will be gone.
Old 12-25-2011, 01:36 PM
Flatulence

PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov

Originally Posted by pozzible123@aol
hello ppl i have a 96 civic and i just swapped a 96 gsr in it i used the stock d series harness because it had the vtec plug on it and everything and the car does not crack vtec at all it runs perfectly beside a high idle i have a cel on but it for o2 sensor and ckp sensor but from what i have been told that stuff dont matter so if anybody can help me out that would be awsome.
Who is this vtec guy and what is he trying to crack?
Old 12-25-2011, 02:19 PM
i pooped a squirrel

Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes

ok well i just found out its not the crankshaft position sensor its the knock sensor and the o2 so now im back to square one and i need to find out if that is important for the vtec to work
Oh for fucks sake, unless you bypass the knock sensor via the ems vtec will not engage, this is common knowledge. You need the crank position sensor hooked up as well being its a crucial sensor. How about you quit being a lazy half assed fuck and clear all the cel's and hook up all the sensors? Then maybe, just maybe, your slow ass pile of shit will run right.
Old 12-27-2011, 10:37 AM
Registered Member

TRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by Gen_Crunchytoes
Oh for fucks sake, unless you bypass the knock sensor via the ems vtec will not engage, this is common knowledge. You need the crank position sensor hooked up as well being its a crucial sensor. How about you quit being a lazy half assed fuck and clear all the cel's and hook up all the sensors? Then maybe, just maybe, your slow ass pile of shit will run right.
+1
Old 01-03-2012, 02:55 AM
Registered member

pozzible123@aol has disabled reputation

why is it every time i try to ask a simple fucking question there always has to be some fucktard that has to talk shit this is the reason nobody gets on here anymore they think they know everything and they really don't i am done with this website fuck all of you
Old 01-03-2012, 04:47 AM
Registered Member

TRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these parts

why is it every time i try to ask a simple fucking question there always has to be some fucktard that has to talk shit this is the reason nobody gets on here anymore they think they know everything and they really don't i am done with this website fuck all of you
You can't fix stupid. Which obviously, you are, because you haven't done ANYTHING that people have told you to do. These things they are telling you WILL fix the problem. Learn how to search and quit being lazy. It's pretty simple, you say you have a check engine light and don't know why your car isn't running right. ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME? Your car is telling you what is wrong. So fix it. It's really THAT simple.
Old 01-03-2012, 05:48 AM
Banned

White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil

You wont be missed.