Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

98 GSX

Old 04-07-2008, 10:35 AM
Gaming Extraordinair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk
Default Re: 98 GSX

are you tuned
Old 04-07-2008, 10:37 AM
I miss my DSM

Darve is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Miguelangelo
are you tuned
If he doesn't know what aftermarket parts he has on the motor, I doubt he's tuned.
Old 04-07-2008, 10:38 AM
Registered Member

Pyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Miguelangelo
are you tuned
have no clue just got the car bout a month ago.
when i got it the clutch went out then i put a zoom stage 4 clutch.
then the head gasket blew after that put a new one on.
bout a day or 2 after that the motor started knocking.
Old 04-07-2008, 10:39 AM
Gaming Extraordinair

Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk

oh jesus......Im not a DSM tech guy but im sure someone will chime in here and help you
Old 04-07-2008, 10:39 AM
I miss my DSM

Originally Posted by Pyscolilboy17
have no clue just got the car bout a month ago.
when i got it the clutch went out then i put a zoom stage 4 clutch.
then the head gasket blew after that put a new one on.
bout a day or 2 after that the motor started knocking.
Please don't tell me you drove the car after the head gasket blew?
Old 04-07-2008, 10:44 AM
Registered Member

SpoolnSRT4 has disabled reputation

as fars as boost is concerned im runnin 20lbs at 70000rpms.
i dont know what aftermarkets parts i have.
anything else you need to know?
Only 20 pounds at 70K RPM odd ... Seriously shouldn't be that hard to swap in a 6 bolt go to a DSM Forum and ask around I have heard of people doing it all the time cause the 7 bolts like to walk away so much.
Old 04-07-2008, 10:53 AM
Your Local DSM Tech

Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD

The 1g motor (if the turbo motor) stock will be fine for what you have. You need to turn the boost down to start with because if you are running 20psi on say a 20g with a stock pump, I can almost promise you that you are running lean. Key the fact the motors keep popping.

The 1g swap is straight forward and everything can be done from $550-$700 depending on who you go to for the work. I personally charge $550 to do just the swap. You can get the motor anywhere from $200-$500. It really depends on how hard you look.

My advice is to find someone who will do the motor swap for you, and help you figure out exactly what you have with your car, and then get it tuned properly.

Just PM me if you want to go further into detail and if you want me to do the work. I can knock it out in a couple of days by myself, or a single day if I get my buddy (eclipz) to help me. It's your call, Ill take a quick look around to see if I can come across a 1g turbo motor.
Old 04-07-2008, 11:32 AM
Registered Member

DSMdtrain will become famous soon enough

This stuff is what really pisses me off. There are plenty of people our there that are dying to find a decent GSX that is in good shape, me being one of them before I finally found mine, while your probably not maintaining yours and blowing up multiple motors. Since you listed no mods I'm expecting your running 20psi on stock parts. People like you really don't need to have these type of cars that require lots of maintenance and upkeep like DSMs.

As for even asking if a Lancer motor would fit tells me that you know nothing about modding or working on DSMs. Rather than worrying about putting a new motor in the car please sell it to someone that will take care of it, then go out and buy a honda that requires little to no maintenance.
Old 04-07-2008, 11:45 AM
1.6L Elitist

Newbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these parts

ok well since the 4g63 that was just in it just blew. it will be the 2nd one i have had blow up.i need a more reliable motor.
This has less to do w/ motor reliability as much as it has to do with user error. If your running 20 lbs on the stock turbo, you are most likely 1> running grossly inefficient on the turbo, blowing stupid amounts of hot air into the engine. 2> Maxing out the fuel somewhere along the way.
Old 04-07-2008, 11:48 AM
I miss my DSM

I put 40 thousand miles on my 4g63 the last year I had it and it ran great. Those motors give no problems as long as you treat them right.

Quick Reply: 98 GSX