Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

98 GSX

Old 04-07-2008, 11:54 AM
1.6L Elitist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Newbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these parts
Default Re: 98 GSX

Originally Posted by Darve
I put 40 thousand miles on my 4g63 the last year I had it and it ran great. Those motors give no problems as long as you treat them right.
123k on my 7 bolt
Old 04-07-2008, 11:55 AM
The world is yours

Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin

you failed. sell it an buy a kia
Old 04-07-2008, 02:21 PM
Registered Member

Pyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Darve
Please don't tell me you drove the car after the head gasket blew?
no i did not i towed it home even tho it was like 5 mins away from the house.
Old 04-07-2008, 02:26 PM
Registered Member

Pyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by DSMdtrain
This stuff is what really pisses me off. There are plenty of people our there that are dying to find a decent GSX that is in good shape, me being one of them before I finally found mine, while your probably not maintaining yours and blowing up multiple motors. Since you listed no mods I'm expecting your running 20psi on stock parts. People like you really don't need to have these type of cars that require lots of maintenance and upkeep like DSMs.

As for even asking if a Lancer motor would fit tells me that you know nothing about modding or working on DSMs. Rather than worrying about putting a new motor in the car please sell it to someone that will take care of it, then go out and buy a honda that requires little to no maintenance.
listen man im not tryin to get ragged on here.
i bought the car like it was. so i have no clue what has been done to the motor or anything like that. Its not my fault.
ya your right i know nothing about modding or working on DSM cos i am SBC person but i like the looks of the car i like that it has AWD and a turbo. so please take your shit talking somewhere else buddy. THX
Old 04-07-2008, 02:36 PM
Fitty Tuckin

-JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB-

Originally Posted by Pyscolilboy17
i bought the car like it was. so i have no clue what has been done to the motor or anything like that. Its not my fault.
ya your right i know nothing about modding or working on DSM cos i am SBC person but i like the looks of the car i like that it has AWD and a turbo. so please take your shit talking somewhere else buddy. THX
No you are wrong and a complete douche. You buy a turbo car, know nothing about it and turn the boost up to 20psi. You are a retard.

As far as your question goes. Motor choices like said earlier, a 6bolt will work, another 7bolt will work, the evo motor will work. Read, then read some more, if you still don't understand sell the car and ride your bike.
Old 04-07-2008, 02:40 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by -JB-
No you are wrong and a complete douche. You buy a turbo car, know nothing about it and turn the boost up to 20psi. You are a retard.

As far as your question goes. Motor choices like said earlier, a 6bolt will work, another 7bolt will work, the evo motor will work. Read, then read some more, if you still don't understand sell the car and ride your bike.
when i got it, it was already pushin 20psi. so quit talking shit when you know nothing about me or my car fag.
Old 04-07-2008, 02:42 PM
Fitty Tuckin

-JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB-

when i got it, it was already pushin 20psi. so quit talking shit when you know nothing about me or my car fag.
haha I know you keep blowing up. Just because it was turned up to 20psi doesn't mean shit. Maybe the previous owner turned it up because he knew you were a douche and never wanted to see the car again, hoping you would blow it up.

Whats the mod list then hot shot? I wanna know whats done to the car to see how it's not holding 20psi.
Old 04-07-2008, 02:47 PM
Registered Member

DSMdtrain will become famous soon enough

Didn't mean to be a dick, but it really does make me mad when people take these rare cars and just fuck them up. If your content on keeping the car do your research first. A great site to go to is Dsmtuners.com. While the engine is already out take the car to a shop and get them to install a 6 bolt, you'll regret later if you go with a 7 bolt. Not sure if you know what the difference is but search it on dsmtuners. Another good site to learn about DSMs is 1000 answered questions. After the car is out of the shop take it easy and keep the boost around 14psi if everything is stock, also find someone in the area that is familiar with AWD DSMs that will help out. Once you do your research and know what you need in order to run 20psi your car will live a whole lot longer.

Last edited by DSMdtrain; 04-07-2008 at 02:50 PM.
Old 04-07-2008, 06:20 PM
Registered Member

forced4gsix3 has a reputation beyond reputeforced4gsix3 has a reputation beyond reputeforced4gsix3 has a reputation beyond reputeforced4gsix3 has a reputation beyond reputeforced4gsix3 has a reputation beyond reputeforced4gsix3 has a reputation beyond reputeforced4gsix3 has a reputation beyond reputeforced4gsix3 has a reputation beyond reputeforced4gsix3 has a reputation beyond repute

6 bolt, 2 g pistons/1g rods. Unless you want stupid power, and I'm sure somebody else will comment on that. Have fun!!
Old 04-07-2008, 06:44 PM
Is Watching You

litlespicisgay is an unknown quantity at this point

What is SBC? Small Block Chevy? I am not an import guy at all so sorry that I don't know if that is a common import term. With that being said let me tell you this. If i found a turbo car that I was thinking of buying I would find out exactly what had been done. If I was incapable of figuring this out for myself, I would take the car to somebody that could tell me.

Another important part of owning any modified vehicle, is knowing the limitations it has. For example, My truck is capable of 50 PSI, but even with head studs it will not take that kind of boost on a daily basis. How do I deal with this problem? I drive the truck like I have a little sense. When I actually turn the boost up, I am fully prepared to deal with the consequences or lifiting my heads.

I would recomend that you talk to a few of the DSM gurus on here and do some research. Build a vehicle that you can have RELIABLE fun with. Nobody enjoys breaking.

smokin6-0

Quick Reply: 98 GSX