Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

98 GSX

Old 04-07-2008, 06:47 PM
MAGICAL FRIENDSHIP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp
Default Re: 98 GSX

Your the exact reason DSMs get bad reputations.

Before you blow another one up, research constantly. I read forums, writeups, work on them every weekend and pick the brains of anyone who knows more me then me and I have been for years. I still literally no nothing about these cars compared to a lot of these people.

Its not like a chevy where you can just flip through a jeggs and pick out the shiniest parts and end up with a loud car that makes 300whp but will impress the hell out of fat girls from the local highschool.
Old 04-07-2008, 10:32 PM
braap braap

Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod

Originally Posted by DSMdtrain
go out and buy a honda that requires little to no maintenance.
Woah woah woah. If you don't maintain a Honda it'll do you wrong.

Trust me. Darve had a great running 4g63 but ask him about his fully built B20vtec that he traded his GST for.

I will vouch, Darves GsT was one of the nicest(stock) DSM(and more reliable than my turbo'd honda) around here. Made me almost want to buy a GSX.

OP. Buy another factory replacement motor and turn the boost down. Research a little before you waste more money.
Old 04-08-2008, 05:54 AM
Registered Member

DSMdtrain will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Jarrod
Woah woah woah. If you don't maintain a Honda it'll do you wrong.

Trust me. Darve had a great running 4g63 but ask him about his fully built B20vtec that he traded his GST for.

I will vouch, Darves GsT was one of the nicest(stock) DSM(and more reliable than my turbo'd honda) around here. Made me almost want to buy a GSX.

OP. Buy another factory replacement motor and turn the boost down. Research a little before you waste more money.
I meant honda require little to no maintenance because they are not boosted from factory. But in your case you drive a turbo honda and darve? drives a fully built one, so yeah they will need maintenance since they are modded. The point I was getting he should stay away from modded cars if he doesn't plan to take care of them and buy and bone stock honda, or even a 420a eclipse to dog the piss out of.
Old 04-08-2008, 08:51 AM
1.6L Elitist

Newbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by DSMdtrain
I meant honda require little to no maintenance because they are not boosted from factory. But in your case you drive a turbo honda and darve? drives a fully built one, so yeah they will need maintenance since they are modded. The point I was getting he should stay away from modded cars if he doesn't plan to take care of them and buy and bone stock honda, or even a 420a eclipse to dog the piss out of.
IMO the 420a is damn near worthless. A boosted GSX is fine.. as long as its not modded. Buying a modded car can often lead to you buying someone elses problems.
Old 04-09-2008, 11:42 PM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

Have someone who knows what they are doing with these cars fix it, work on it, it sounds like whoever is doing the work on it is doing it improperly. You have to make a pretty serious fuckup to blow a 4G63.