Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

99 CIVIC SI. Taching out way before redline!

Old 11-07-2008 | 08:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tatmonster has disabled reputation
Default Re: 99 CIVIC SI. Taching out way before redline!

no big deal, just trying to help. You should def be able to see a plug under the distributor or in that area that is not plugged in. its just going to be a one wire plug(of course).
Old 11-07-2008 | 09:36 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by 95MustangGT
Well i have a 99 SI. Here is the story, i have posted numerous threads about it but nothing on it yet. Full story!

Bought the car, test drove it and this thing CRACKED into vtec! Drove it around for about 20 minutes before making the deal. Drove fine! On the way home on 95 i was gettin on it and it hit around 6500 and it the rpms were taching out it sounded like. Of course, this car redlines at 8 so it had more to go. Stopped at the gas station, put a hose back on which i thought was the problem. It didn't do it then, 10 minutes back into driving it, it did it again! Now ever since then it would do it on and off. If i havent went into vtec for awhile, when i would do it it would do it fine.

It does it alot on the highway, if i drop it and down and hit the gas and go it will go into vtec and it will tach out most of the time on the highway if i do that.

Now, im pretty sure i have no vacuum leaks. I recently was reading up that my car only takes 4.2 quarts of oil, i usually put 5 1/2 in. ( thats when it reads full on the dipstick ). I know vtec is powered by oil pressure ( atleast thats what i heard ). If i have to much oil in the car, that could defintely effect it, correct?

On the vtec solenoid i have a wire comming down from under the solenoid cover. Just hanging down, thats it. I was told by some people on here you don't need it, its fine. But reading in a book, that piece is called a VTEC SOLENOID CONNECTOR. To me, that means that it isn't even kicking in if that isnt working.

Let me know if you had this problem with your SI, or anything with vtec!

Also, as my name says i used to be a 5.0 guy, so im slowly learning about Hondas, i wanted to get the best of both worlds!
Fixed. I took all the deuchebag street racing references out. And what the fuck is taching out? Did the Mustang club kick you out because you used words like that?

Seriously, WTF is wrong with you that you're racing on the street like that (and your dad is apparently just as devoid of common sense) and then posting about it on a public forum? Is he trying to bond with you by buying a stock 240 and street racing with you? Are there any intelligent people in your family?

Normally I'd help you more. I'm not feeling it right now though. Anyway, If the solenoid isn't connected, there is no way VTEC is engaging. If you're reading full on the dipstick, you should have no problems with oil pressure assuming nothing major is wrong with the engine though. But that doesn't matter at all if the vtec solenoid is not connected to anything.

And by the way, thanks for spelling 'solenoid' correctly. For some reason 90% of Honda owners can't do that. Don't know why. You're already ahead of the game.

Last edited by Fabrik8; 11-07-2008 at 09:45 PM.
Old 11-08-2008 | 07:10 AM
Registered Member

95MustangGT has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
Fixed. I took all the deuchebag street racing references out. And what the fuck is taching out? Did the Mustang club kick you out because you used words like that?

Seriously, WTF is wrong with you that you're racing on the street like that (and your dad is apparently just as devoid of common sense) and then posting about it on a public forum? Is he trying to bond with you by buying a stock 240 and street racing with you? Are there any intelligent people in your family?

Normally I'd help you more. I'm not feeling it right now though. Anyway, If the solenoid isn't connected, there is no way VTEC is engaging. If you're reading full on the dipstick, you should have no problems with oil pressure assuming nothing major is wrong with the engine though. But that doesn't matter at all if the vtec solenoid is not connected to anything.

And by the way, thanks for spelling 'solenoid' correctly. For some reason 90% of Honda owners can't do that. Don't know why. You're already ahead of the game.

man i bet you feel like a tough guy now, lets downgrade somebody through the internet. but in person, id knock your fuckin teeth out, end of story.
Old 11-08-2008 | 09:01 AM
throwbAcura

dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22

end of story.
No way. With todays advances nobody walks around without teeth. Dentures may be the end of the story. At the very least an orthodontist visit.
Old 11-08-2008 | 12:00 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

man i bet you feel like a tough guy now, lets downgrade somebody through the internet. but in person, id knock your fuckin teeth out, end of story.
Maybe you should stop talking about street racing on a public forum (or at all) and I would change my opinion about you. I'm not trying to be a tough guy, and I don't care if you feel like knocking my teeth out. If that's the way you react to things, that's your issue... Maybe someday when you become an adult and outgrow street racing you can get over your urge to fight everyone you don't agree with too.

If this was a nice, normal thread without the street racing references (that don't serve ANY purpose in solving your problem) then my attitude would change, and I'd help you like everyone else. It's very simple really.

Last edited by Fabrik8; 11-08-2008 at 01:04 PM.