Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

99 EK with GSR swap need help

Old 10-02-2009, 02:10 AM
its stock I Promise

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
morenolindo is a jewel in the roughmorenolindo is a jewel in the roughmorenolindo is a jewel in the roughmorenolindo is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: 99 EK with GSR swap need help

I dont have any cells, and i have checked timing over and over and it spins with no problem. I will take the valve cover off to take a look got nothing else to loose. I have had all kinds of honda '' experts'' over to look at my EK and none have had any luck. If anybody knows of a good but cost friendly shop please let me know. Or if you think you are the man or are a friend of the man and can get the man here come on out and give it a try if you figure it out i will pay you. I called all aspects but they want 75 dollars an hour till they figure it out and since nobody has come close that seems like allot of money that i dont have.
Old 10-02-2009, 02:28 AM
its stock I Promise

morenolindo is a jewel in the roughmorenolindo is a jewel in the roughmorenolindo is a jewel in the roughmorenolindo is a jewel in the rough

i removed the dist but its hard finding a GSR anything around here. I had a good technician out here and he pointed that out thanks
Old 10-03-2009, 04:55 AM
Registered Member

EfCivicGuy EfCivicGuy EfCivicGuy EfCivicGuy

Sound like a tdc sensor, crank sensor in the distributor. No check engine light?
Old 10-05-2009, 05:58 AM
its stock I Promise

I have been trying to locate a GSR dist to maybe check mine but cant find one.
Old 10-07-2009, 07:41 AM
its stock I Promise

gsr dizzy?
Old 10-08-2009, 03:21 AM
its stock I Promise

Well folks shes running great! Thanks to john from the parts house. Dont really know why those guys get such a bad rep but they have been streight with me since the swap (a year ago). it was nothing more than just a bad coil on the dizzy. the coil had enough for a light show but with out the proper equipment to test for acurate voltage, we were all fooled. Thanks to all those peeps out there who droped their .02 cents in for my cause.