Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

all motor b18c1

Old 11-04-2008, 06:55 AM
Racetracks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: all motor b18c1

Originally Posted by temp2
go with a s2 composite rail, and imanifold.
Not worth it for the money with a build like this IMO. That's a lot of money for a small gain in power. Stock fuel rail is fine.

Originally Posted by temp2
Also if you decide to use higher compression pistons, get the kind with heat dissipation coating on the tops like the stock honda pistons have,
Are you talking about thermal barrier coatings? Barrier coatings block heat, they don't dissipate it.
Old 11-06-2008, 10:32 AM
INNOVATIVE AUTO INC.

Gold Eg Gold Eg Gold Eg Gold Eg Gold Eg Gold Eg Gold Eg Gold Eg Gold Eg Gold Eg Gold Eg
Re: all motor b18c1

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
Not worth it for the money with a build like this IMO. That's a lot of money for a small gain in power. Stock fuel rail is fine.

Are you talking about thermal barrier coatings? Barrier coatings block heat, they don't dissipate it.
so do you think that the coating will interupt a little bit of flame travel?? if so dissapate the heat.
Old 11-06-2008, 10:37 AM
Registered Member

Slow Teg has disabled reputation

Or you could piece together a VERY budget turbo setup, with a good fuel and engine management, and make around 240-250 whp no problem out of a stock GSR.... w/ a good tune it will be perfect.... AND you will spend a lot less than all motor. hmmm

/end boost nutswinging

Old 11-06-2008, 11:45 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by Gold Eg
so do you think that the coating will interupt a little bit of flame travel?? if so dissapate the heat.
The coating is keeping the heat from leaving the cylinder through the piston, so I don't see that as dissipating anything. You're trying to retain thermal energy in the cylinder where it can do the most possible work, not waste thermal energy by transferring it to the pistons. Same with the chamber roof and valves.

There are heat dissipation ceramic coatings, but they are very different for barrier coatings and are used in different applications (engine blocks, radiators, intercoolers, etc.) to help heat transfer out of a surface that would otherwise have a higher thermal impedance and lower surface area (like polished aluminum).

Last edited by Fabrik8; 11-06-2008 at 12:08 PM.
Old 11-06-2008, 11:53 AM
Registered Member

sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue

Originally Posted by H22CIVICWIDBDY
like around 12.40:1 but im gonna gap the head to bring it to 11 sumthing.
but thanks for you info ive already got a first gen skunk2 intake mani.
aem v2 intake,and an itr header.
and i had already planned to take it to shue ive already ordered my ctr pistons so can get nething else but i know a few people who did the same thing and they work well
I would keep the stock headgasket. I've tuned a number of setups with the ctr pistons and no problems at that compression. Make sure you go with some decent sized cams. For your setup I recommend some skunk2pro1's. Make sure you get them degreed properly. If you need someone to degree the cams let me know and I will point you in the right direction
Old 11-09-2008, 07:06 AM

tatmonster has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
The coating is keeping the heat from leaving the cylinder through the piston, so I don't see that as dissipating anything. You're trying to retain thermal energy in the cylinder where it can do the most possible work, not waste thermal energy by transferring it to the pistons. Same with the chamber roof and valves.

There are heat dissipation ceramic coatings, but they are very different for barrier coatings and are used in different applications (engine blocks, radiators, intercoolers, etc.) to help heat transfer out of a surface that would otherwise have a higher thermal impedance and lower surface area (like polished aluminum).
Originally Posted by sohc_mshue
I would keep the stock headgasket. I've tuned a number of setups with the ctr pistons and no problems at that compression. Make sure you go with some decent sized cams. For your setup I recommend some skunk2pro1's. Make sure you get them degreed properly. If you need someone to degree the cams let me know and I will point you in the right direction
I have a VERY similar build in my 91 integra. of course its obd0, can it be tuned on an obd0 ecu or do i need to do the jumper harness to go to obd1? Havent even driven the car yet, only started it up. Any insight would be helpful. Thanks
Old 11-10-2008, 03:48 AM
Fugit motorsports

H22CIVICWIDBDY has disabled reputation

yeah i planned on getting cam i wan leaning in the direction of like blox or crane. but with that compression you dont think my shit will spark knock or what ever. i can still run pump gas?