Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

All motor build

Old 01-28-2009, 12:56 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1slocolt has disabled reputation
Default Re: All motor build

Originally Posted by madsteez
Gives you idiots some time to think between sentences.
This coming from someone who can't even remotely come close to winning any argument in this thread.

How much power can be made using the stock turbo?

My guess is 250hp.

Hondas come factory with 160hp more or less. They do not roll out of production with axles that are equipped to handle 3 times the factory power. Why should they?

This thread is dumb and does not relate to the op at all.
You'd guess wrong. My car came with 135 estimated whp, and the turbo that came on the car was an 11b, would probably support 160whp at most. The OE axles can easily support 600whp, and 1.60 60' times all day long.
Old 01-28-2009, 01:08 PM
Eh

NaIsGay NaIsGay NaIsGay NaIsGay NaIsGay NaIsGay NaIsGay NaIsGay NaIsGay NaIsGay NaIsGay

Originally Posted by 1slocolt
Well you shouldn't be too upset, as you are in the minority, although you should probably knock on wood. But yes, I will elaborate on some minor breakage, specifically seperate axle cases, although nothing overly embarassing. We had just finished pulling my friends k20 swapped hatch off the dyno. PT67 on the gate(~18psi), had just made 490ish. Go to take it for a spin and make a couple of pulls. Do a 3rd gear pull and the axle snaps, no wheel hop, just pure breakage. What kinda vehicle snaps an axle from a roll? Oh I know, only a honda. Next case, guy I know with NA B18, making 190ish whp, launches on a street tire and proceeds to move only a couple of feet as both axles snapped simultaneously. Only a honda. Now these cases are minor, but I've seen much worse axle scenarios from hondas. We can even discuss motor breakage if you want to really be exposed to hilarity, such as an instance where I saw a spark plug blown out the cylinder head. Only a honda.
LOL k series transmissions are not that great, im suprised the axle broke before the tranny did.... every car has its weak points but i would much rather break and axle rather then a trans or transfer case etc... I myself have broken an axle in my old hatch, was an N/A car running 13.1s on street tires and broke my axle in first, but the track hooked damn good that time, the key is preloading, my car has a twin disk with stock axles and i havnt had a problem, YET lol. Spark plug blow out of a cylinder head? Do these people know wtf they are doing? The major motor issues with b series motors is that people try to make to much power on stock sleeves. There pretty weak stock, we didnt get lucky like you dsm guys
Old 01-28-2009, 01:34 PM
Team Doughboy

MuffinMan7580 is on a distinguished road

You're an idiot for thinking/saying that.

My guess is 250hp.
Around 280hp (1G)
Hondas come factory with 160hp more or less. They do not roll out of production with axles that are equipped to handle 3 times the factory power. Why should they?
Nor do they come out of the factory to handle the factory power. I can remember 2-3 instances when I was in Autozone and a couple honda kids come in saying how much power their new intake must add because they snapped an axle launching on the street. After asking what else was done to their car, the response was, "Just intake and exhaust". Must be pretty good intake and exhaust to add any more than 15 peak hp (10% increase in power if said car was making 150).
Which is exactly why you keep posting in it right? You suck at life faggot.
Old 01-28-2009, 01:44 PM
Eh

NaIsGay NaIsGay NaIsGay NaIsGay NaIsGay NaIsGay NaIsGay NaIsGay NaIsGay NaIsGay NaIsGay

Originally Posted by MuffinMan7580
Nor do they come out of the factory to handle the factory power. I can remember 2-3 instances when I was in Autozone and a couple honda kids come in saying how much power their new intake must add because they snapped an axle launching on the street. After asking what else was done to their car, the response was, "Just intake and exhaust". Must be pretty good intake and exhaust to add any more than 15 peak hp (10% increase in power if said car was making 150)

How do people have such bad luck with axles, Ive only ever snapped one oem axle... Shit i blew a final drive out of my car on the stock axles a year ago... Maybe i have a magical set of factory axles

Last edited by NaIsGay; 01-28-2009 at 01:48 PM.
Old 01-28-2009, 01:55 PM
Team Doughboy

Because they really do suck that much.
Old 01-28-2009, 02:35 PM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by CustomX
Umm?? Wtf are you talking about? elaborate on this "parts breakage galore" because ive been making over 450whp on a honda for the past 3-4 years and have never experienced this "parts breakage galore"
Well for one I believe you are on a K-series? Which is pretty much the highest factory quality motor that Honda makes, and holds together much better than anything else to begin with. 450whp isn't destroying anything in that department You're tire spin is probably protecting the drivetrain. You're actually in a pretty good safety zone as far as hondas go. Push em to the extreme and you have parts breakage everywhere. Make no power and you break parts left and right due to wheel hop and other problems related to incomplete builds with insufficient drivetrain modifications.

On a side note,your saying that ALL Mitsubishi's have better traction?

Eclipses come with awd and fwd drive,there are awd Honda,fwd Hondas,and rwd Hondas...............

But Mitsubishi still will ALWAYS have better traction...

Lets also not forget Honda made aerodynamic cars that arent the size of boats. For instance the NSX.
Do you posess any reading comprehension skills? Apparently not. Because this conversation was about AWD Eclipse vs some junk FWD honda that you own. If you read what I said, I used the word Eclipse, not Mitsubishi. And unless you did a body swap, the NSX is irrelavent. Nobody cares about the NSX anyways, it's the most expensive 14 second car ever.

I don't know why you guys are arguing about gas mileage. I get like 10-15mpg city with my turbo 4 cyl. Of course I also am on the gas 50% of the time. Who really gives a shit? We're making power not saving the environment.

Originally Posted by non-vtecpower
How much power would you make if you took your turbo off?
Drop your compression to 7.5:1 and turn off VTEC and how much power do you make?

It goes both ways, fucktard. Stupidest arguement ever!

DSM's come with factory turbos that blow seals. But guess what? They make aftermarket turbos to replace the ones that shit the bed.
Factory turbos that blow seals? I have an OEM Mitsubishi turbo on my beater that has 200,000 miles on it and the seals are fine. The problem is when idiot failtard ex-honda owners buy DSMs and don't know what boost leaks are, and drive the cars around overspinning the shafts for 10,000 miles at double their intended shaft speed just to make 5 lbs of boost while they complain the car is slow because they don't understand the physics of pressure and leaks.

Your blabbing about a 600hp eclipse like its the shit. There are plenty of 600hp civic that would own you. From a dig,maybe not.
Last time I checked a race starts from a dig. Try again? Hondas have the power/weight advantage till they start losing all their traction. Then the tables turn.

If you took an eclipse gs and put 600hp to the front wheels, it wouldnt have traction either. The only thing giving you traction is AWD.
ok? This was the most pointless comment of the entire thread.

By the way, the fastest gasoline powered FWD 4 cyl on the planet is an DSM. How does that taste?

Last edited by HighPSI TSi Guy; 01-28-2009 at 02:41 PM.
Old 01-28-2009, 02:37 PM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

My guess is 250hp.

Well remember that your vehicle was designed to commute to work and back, by engineers who engineered the vehicle for that purpose. I'm sure the design engineers would expect anyone interested in motorsports to use a platform that doesn't work against the laws of drag racing physics in all ways possible.
Old 01-28-2009, 02:49 PM
Eh

Originally Posted by HighPSI TSi Guy
Well for one I believe you are on a K-series? Which is pretty much the highest factory quality motor that Honda makes, and holds together much better than anything else to begin with. 450whp isn't destroying anything in that department You're tire spin is probably protecting the drivetrain. You're actually in a pretty good safety zone as far as hondas go. Push em to the extreme and you have parts breakage everywhere. Make no power and you break parts left and right due to wheel hop and other problems related to incomplete builds with insufficient drivetrain modifications.

I wish i could afford to go k. Im still on a b series. I have mickeys on my car with boost by gear and sometimes get very little wheel spin in 2nd on roughly 440whp.... 3rd if the tires are hot and the road is good it pretty much doesnt spin (18psi) 527whp. Its a great feeling when you can pull instantly on a bike from a 40mph roll
Old 01-28-2009, 04:33 PM
Team Doughboy

Where's Madsteez? I think we might've hurt his feelings.
Old 01-28-2009, 04:45 PM
Ohhh Snap

madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez

Originally Posted by MuffinMan7580
Where's Madsteez? I think we might've hurt his feelings.
Na bud I was at work. There too much to quote So ill just type

Have you ever driven a 200whp N/A honda? Or any other car with a very light chasis and a decent amount of power?

My car hardly ever spun,of course I was only at 210-220 WHP.

Ill still say DSM's are shitty, maybe not in the right hands but none the less. If a K series motor could mount to the D series trans and transfer case in a EF hatch or wagon I wouldn't be surprised if it womped on a Eclipse with the same amount of power. Yes MUCH more aerodynamis than a Eclipse but also much lighter.

For reference: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qxtf3...ext=1&index=78

But im not going to keep arquing about it over the internet you have your opinion I have mine.

Quick Reply: All motor build