Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

All motor build

Old 01-29-2009, 05:27 AM
yaaat.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington
Default Re: All motor build

I like how EVERY SINGLE part on a Honda is a complete piece of shit, but there's not one weak point on a DSM.

Not a single one. Everything from the factory is made to handle high horsepower.

I'm not going to get in an argument about it because really I don't give a fuck, but I think the DSM's might have been made to be....sportier for lack of a better word.

Honda made cars for gas mileage, plain and simple. Stock civics weren't made to go anywhere fast.
Old 01-29-2009, 05:45 AM
Registered member

wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright

Originally Posted by HighPSI TSi Guy
Highest I can think of that I know the exact number of in a DSM on OEM 5 speed gears is 1017whp. I am pretty certain Shepherd made more, however I don't have any solid data to back that up.

I know AMS is making 1100+ in their Evo on stock gears as well. The rear end does not really have a solid limit, I only know of 2 ever broken due to power, one in the 1000whp range and one in the 1200whp range. OEM front axles hold pretty much anything and OEM the rear "bars" become iffy around 700whp, however at this point suspension and tire will go a long ways in preservation of parts.
Is Shep running the OEM gears? I know that he has different levels of trans that you can buy. I figured that they would be aftermarket pieces. AMS, and Shep are doing big things.
Old 01-29-2009, 06:04 AM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by wright
Is Shep running the OEM gears? I know that he has different levels of trans that you can buy. I figured that they would be aftermarket pieces. AMS, and Shep are doing big things.
He is running an aftermarket gearset now, still OEM trans casing though. He took the OEM stuff well over 1000whp before switching. His different stages are all OEM parts, just mix and matches of the best OEM parts from various years.

Originally Posted by ryanherington
I like how EVERY SINGLE part on a Honda is a complete piece of shit, but there's not one weak point on a DSM.

Not a single one. Everything from the factory is made to handle high horsepower.

I'm not going to get in an argument about it because really I don't give a fuck, but I think the DSM's might have been made to be....sportier for lack of a better word.

Honda made cars for gas mileage, plain and simple. Stock civics weren't made to go anywhere fast.
someone's getting the picture.

DSMs do have one weak point though, synchronizers in the manual trans.

Last edited by HighPSI TSi Guy; 01-29-2009 at 06:06 AM.
Old 01-29-2009, 06:42 AM
Dickbutt #peentip

Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin

Originally Posted by HighPSI TSi Guy
DSMs do have one weak point though, synchronizers in the manual trans.
And they're fucking ugly.

Crankwalk?

oh I have a friend with a DSM, his speedo always stops working. Not to mention how the door hinges are rusting though, and letting the door sag. His windshield wipers make this hideous noise when it's dry too.

Old 01-29-2009, 07:00 AM
Registered member

wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright

I am making 800+ on the OEM Honda gears and in 07 I did not have an issue other than the engine let go at Imports vs Domestices shit happens.
Old 01-29-2009, 07:29 AM
Dickbutt #peentip

Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin

nevermind
Old 01-29-2009, 11:01 AM
Registered member

sleekef is infamous around these partssleekef is infamous around these partssleekef is infamous around these partssleekef is infamous around these partssleekef is infamous around these partssleekef is infamous around these partssleekef is infamous around these partssleekef is infamous around these partssleekef is infamous around these partssleekef is infamous around these partssleekef is infamous around these parts

motor vs motor N/A
honda will always win..

When miTsu makes a 100hp/liter car from factory N/A

then talk until then enjoy the forced induction 4g61/3/4/5/6/7/8/9

and 4b11
Old 01-29-2009, 11:08 AM

dsmx17 dsmx17 dsmx17 dsmx17 dsmx17 dsmx17 dsmx17 dsmx17 dsmx17 dsmx17 dsmx17

Originally Posted by sleekef
motor vs motor N/A
honda will always win..

When miTsu makes a 100hp/liter car from factory N/A

then talk until then enjoy the forced induction 4g61/3/4/5/6/7/8/9

and 4b11
Good job with the 3rd most popular honda excuse! you win a cookie, to eat while telling yourself "honda dosent suck, we have 100hp per liter N/A" I have 300hp per liter? I know little buddy, its not your fault honda never made a decent turbo car, dont lose sleep over it.
Old 01-29-2009, 01:03 PM
Registered Member

95teg757 95teg757 95teg757 95teg757 95teg757 95teg757 95teg757 95teg757 95teg757 95teg757 95teg757

Originally Posted by dsmx17
haha, you wanna know the funny part about that statement? I actually have a record holding STOCK bottom end car, has been for the last two years running RELIABLY im thinking it might be a little quicker than 190hp and just as, if not more reliable. lawlz.
And yours runs????
Old 01-29-2009, 01:31 PM
Registered Member

90lscrx is a name known to all90lscrx is a name known to all90lscrx is a name known to all90lscrx is a name known to all90lscrx is a name known to all90lscrx is a name known to all

I'm wondering what these dsm's run in a quarter with a million pounds of boost. I mean I don't wanna run 10's but have plenty of friends running 15-18 lbs and are running mid to low 11's and drive them home. With 15 lbs on a B16 with just forged internals in the bolck can make 400 plus hp... Taht's pretty good in my book. I've owned 4 1st gen dsm's and one crankwalked, A 2nd gear went out in another, actually two different times, Not to mention the pain in the ass it is to work on one... I had one dsm that I regret selling and that was a 91 laser. That car was fun.

Quick Reply: All motor build