Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

All motor build

Old 01-29-2009, 01:56 PM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of
Default Re: All motor build

Originally Posted by sleekef
motor vs motor N/A
honda will always win..

When miTsu makes a 100hp/liter car from factory N/A

then talk until then enjoy the forced induction 4g61/3/4/5/6/7/8/9

and 4b11
honda always wins motor vs motor? I want to see how any all motor honda does against something with this motor:

HP/Liter and all motor efficiency are awesome when you're trying to win the school science fair. But they don't win races or dictate performance.
Old 01-29-2009, 01:58 PM
I summon Gaybows

Inspire Inspire Inspire Inspire Inspire Inspire Inspire Inspire Inspire Inspire Inspire

DSM=Dick Size Matters
Honda=Hating Oversized Nigguh Dick Ailment
Old 01-29-2009, 02:06 PM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by 90lscrx
I'm wondering what these dsm's run in a quarter with a million pounds of boost. I mean I don't wanna run 10's but have plenty of friends running 15-18 lbs and are running mid to low 11's and drive them home. With 15 lbs on a B16 with just forged internals in the bolck can make 400 plus hp... Taht's pretty good in my book. I've owned 4 1st gen dsm's and one crankwalked, A 2nd gear went out in another, actually two different times, Not to mention the pain in the ass it is to work on one... I had one dsm that I regret selling and that was a 91 laser. That car was fun.
Hondas have very efficient head flow at low boost levels. That's why they make good power at 18-20 PSI compared to a lot of other cars. Once you get into the 30-40 PSI range they start to level out with all the other motors due to reaching flow limitations. I'm not going to get into the street car debate but I'll say driving to the track and running 11s and driving home is nothing special these days. It's not shitty by any means, it's pretty good, just nothing amazing that other cars can't easily do too. I don't know how you broke 2d gear in your DSM, it's the strongest gear. What you probably damaged was the hub/slider or synchro for the 1-2 shift. $150 fix. If you had a 1G that crankwalked, it means someone opened up the motor who shouldn't be working on motors and mis-aligned the thrust bearing.
Old 01-29-2009, 02:29 PM
braap braap

Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod

Originally Posted by wright
I am making 800+ on the OEM Honda gears and in 07 I did not have an issue other than the engine let go at Imports vs Domestices shit happens.
How many 9 second passes do you have on oem gears?

Originally Posted by HighPSI TSi Guy
honda always wins motor vs motor? I want to see how any all motor honda does against something with this motor:

HP/Liter and all motor efficiency are awesome when you're trying to win the school science fair. But they don't win races or dictate performance.
that motor costs more than I have in my entire trans, suspension, turbo, fuel and longblock.

Originally Posted by HighPSI TSi Guy
Hondas have very efficient head flow at low boost levels. That's why they make good power at 18-20 PSI compared to a lot of other cars. Once you get into the 30-40 PSI range they start to level out with all the other motors due to reaching flow limitations.
Very true. Once we figure out these K series heads, the bar will be raised a little more than it is at now. IMO 1000whp out of a 2.4 is amazing.
People have made 700whp on stock heads.

Last edited by Jarrod; 01-29-2009 at 02:32 PM.
Old 01-29-2009, 02:39 PM
Dickbutt #peentip

Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin

Originally Posted by Inspire
DSM=Dick Size Matters
Honda=Hating Oversized Nigguh Dick Ailment
Dont know why, but I'm LOL'n
Old 01-29-2009, 02:54 PM
I summon Gaybows

Inspire Inspire Inspire Inspire Inspire Inspire Inspire Inspire Inspire Inspire Inspire

I don't know wtf I said.
Old 01-29-2009, 03:07 PM
Registered member

supraBoy has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Kris.is.awesome
Dont know why, but I'm LOL'n
Toyota and lexus is better!
Old 01-29-2009, 03:13 PM
Registered member

rowe4166 rowe4166 rowe4166 rowe4166 rowe4166 rowe4166 rowe4166 rowe4166 rowe4166 rowe4166 rowe4166

Originally Posted by dsmx17
haha, you wanna know the funny part about that statement? I actually have a record holding STOCK bottom end car, has been for the last two years running RELIABLY im thinking it might be a little quicker than 190hp and just as, if not more reliable. lawlz.
Lets see some videos of this record breaking car ? Time Slips ?
Old 01-29-2009, 03:18 PM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

Originally Posted by jdmlude
Lets see some videos of this record breaking car ? Time Slips ?
https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/600-whp-stock-bottom-end-gsx-200725/
Old 01-29-2009, 03:53 PM
Registered member

rowe4166 rowe4166 rowe4166 rowe4166 rowe4166 rowe4166 rowe4166 rowe4166 rowe4166 rowe4166 rowe4166

awesome. Torque curve is insane.

Quick Reply: All motor build