Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

All motor build

Old 01-31-2009, 04:10 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1slocolt has disabled reputation
Default Re: All motor build

Originally Posted by typeswerx
i feel bad for anyone who has to drive, and or race 1.
Sure its an econobox turd, I completely agree. Although knowing what I know, I feel much worse for you in your honda making 450whp.
Old 01-31-2009, 08:57 PM
Registered Member

typeswerx has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by 1slocolt
Sure its an econobox turd, I completely agree. Although knowing what I know, I feel much worse for you in your honda making 450whp.
i would to, considering i did that on 10psi....i wish i owned a mitsu so i could run 30-40psi and make 500whp. You all must not be familiar with K series because if you did, you wouldnt run your mouth as much!!! Its called technology. Give up with your 1990 junk
Old 01-31-2009, 09:06 PM
Registered Member

typeswerx has disabled reputation

and as far as NA goes, you all are fucking blind, considering INLINE PRO went 10.8 with 320whp all motor K series in a 2400lb hatch....how much power does it take a Mitsu to run that? Exactly!!!
Old 01-31-2009, 11:15 PM
doesn't like 1911s

~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh

and as far as NA goes, you all are fucking blind, considering INLINE PRO went 10.8 with 320whp all motor K series in a 2400lb hatch....how much power does it take a Mitsu to run that? Exactly!!!
i felt like that last part was needed^^

now put that same swap in a gutted crx; or any EF for that matter, and your talking about a serious ride
Old 02-01-2009, 12:09 AM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

i would to, considering i did that on 10psi....i wish i owned a mitsu so i could run 30-40psi and make 500whp. You all must not be familiar with K series because if you did, you wouldnt run your mouth as much!!! Its called technology. Give up with your 1990 junk
Apparently you have zero understandings of the workings of a motor. The reason you make more power at less boost is head design. You will NOT make more power at the higher boost. You'll just stop making power, and end up having to run the same boost in the end to max out things, once you hit the limitations of head flow. I probably know more about the K-series shit than you know about all cars combined. I DEFINITELY know more about K-series than you know about the English language. 4G63 is actually from the early 80s, not 1990 junk by the way. What was honda doing in the 80s?

Sorry but that power to weight ratio really doesn't add up. If you're talking about the pro car, I may be wrong, but I'm pretty damn sure it weighs less than 2400, and also has all kinds of custom suspension, chassis work, etc, to get it out of the hole faster than your average unibody honda. That makes .5-1 full second difference in ET vs your average street honda. 320whp in your average shitbox honda is gonna go mid-high 11s at best. At which point, a DSM would do that with 400whp. Not too much worse.

I don't care how low your boost is. The race isn't to see who runs less boost, it's to see who gets to the finish first, and I don't think you can do that. If you feel differently, then why don't you put your money where your mouth is and take a lane on the asphalt next to one of these DSMs and see how you do with a wager on the line.
Old 02-01-2009, 01:40 AM
doesn't like 1911s

i said i was done with this thread.... but damn, it just wont die

Originally Posted by HighPSI TSi Guy
The race isn't to see who runs less boost, it's to see who gets to the finish first, and I don't think you can do that. If you feel differently, then why don't you put your money where your mouth is and take a lane on the asphalt next to one of these DSMs and see how you do with a wager on the line.
im guessing this "wager on the line" is only there if the race is in a straight line. im sticking to all my previous comments that DSMs make horrible "race cars"(as in around turns), not to be confused with "drag cars." which on a side note i find strange as i would have thought the awd would be a huge helping hand on the tsi/gsx ones.

and a fun fact for you: a 89 HF CRX with MT comes in at a huge 1819lbs. 320hp would get it moving pretty damn good.
Old 02-01-2009, 02:09 AM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by zc91crx
i said i was done with this thread.... but damn, it just wont die

im guessing this "wager on the line" is only there if the race is in a straight line. im sticking to all my previous comments that DSMs make horrible "race cars"(as in around turns), not to be confused with "drag cars." which on a side note i find strange as i would have thought the awd would be a huge helping hand on the tsi/gsx ones.

and a fun fact for you: a 89 HF CRX with MT comes in at a huge 1819lbs. 320hp would get it moving pretty damn good.
The AWD IS a huge help. Look at the dyno graphs above. The 14B car has a superior powerband to that of any of those hondas, and if lightened up a little would have a comparable if not better power to weight ratio of most any honda. I have my suspension set up for drag and even with a laggy turbo my car feels more nimble than any honda I've ever pushed hard, aside from maybe a S2000 or Type R with some suspension work. I'm pretty confident a slightly smaller turbo or a stroker motor (vs my 7.5:1 2.0L) would eat up the road course pretty well. However you'll never see me test this theory because I don't want to risk putting my car in the tire wall. Nor do I want to risk being hit or pushed off course by some other douchebag. On the drag strip my likelihood of disaster is far less.

Yes, the wager is for typeswerx, and I really don't care, a turbo honda isn't gonna be turning very fast either or he'd be torque steering off the side of the course. I was talking straight line though. And, the 320whp honda he is talking about is a drag car, so it's not set up to turn either. I'm sure a 320whp CRX HF would be a pretty good 11.0 car on a slick.

I have posted data, facts, etc, please, come up with an arguement other than "I don't think so".

And if I were you, I really wouldn't be trying to back up typeswerx, most of you honda guys have acted respectable so far and he's just making you all look bad.
Old 02-01-2009, 03:13 AM
doesn't like 1911s

i wasn't backing anyone up, just giving my opinion on things ive seen with my own two eyes. i would LOVE to see a nasty tsi road car. i personally have owned a 90 gst.... really only bought it cause i was 15 and liked the body style tho.

there are guys running low 11s with turbo stock block sohc motors and full interior now days. and they dont launch any were near as hard as you awd guys. i guess my point is that saying these cars/motors are "weak" or whatever just seams silly to me
Old 02-01-2009, 03:57 AM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

i wasn't backing anyone up, just giving my opinion on things ive seen with my own two eyes. i would LOVE to see a nasty tsi road car. i personally have owned a 90 gst.... really only bought it cause i was 15 and liked the body style tho.
http://www.farnorthracing.com/

There's one example. There's TONS of road course Evo cars. Turning seems to be more popular with the younger generation that is into the Evos vs the old school DSM guys.

there are guys running low 11s with turbo stock block sohc motors and full interior now days. and they dont launch any were near as hard as you awd guys. i guess my point is that saying these cars/motors are "weak" or whatever just seams silly to me
It's all relative and opinion, depends on how much work someone considers enough to be "too much". And the power to weight thing. The guys arguing "weak" are going off the ability to hold power moreso than the ability to ET well in a light car.

The biggest problem in this thread is all the ignorant morons jumping in on other dude trying to talk shit about his 600+ whp with cars that would be lucky to run 11s backing them up. It got way out of hand but the blame still lies with the ignorant morons who think a 200whp car is the fastest thing ever. If someone wants to talk shit and proclaim their car faster, and it actually is, fuck it, let em and be done with it. There is no shame in acknowledging fact. Maybe they think they are saving some dignity by fighting a losing battle, I say they are just making fools of themselves.
Old 02-01-2009, 05:30 AM
Registered member

wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright

Here is something I think is worth looking at.

http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2358897

Quick Reply: All motor build