Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

All motor build

Old 02-01-2009, 05:44 PM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of
Default Re: All motor build

Originally Posted by typeswerx
this thread is so pointless because all you pussys arent going to do anything at all!!!! And tsiguy , i really dont give a flying fuck who you are, or whats done to your car.
Why do you assume we won't do anything? My personal car is waiting on warranty claim from New Zealand for a part that was DOA, but I wouldn't want to subject you to that punishment anyways, you are welcome to try your luck with any of the other "shitty DSMs" in this thread, they are all slower anyways, so you'd have better luck with them than me. We are ready when you are, the ball is in your court. If you want to back out, that's fine, admit it, you've made it pretty clear you want to make excuses already so I'm guessing that's what you're going to do. You failed to mention where you are from, I'm trying to make this happen! Or are you really afraid of a fucking eagle summit? Come on now... lets see that all motor power you got going on

Last edited by HighPSI TSi Guy; 02-01-2009 at 05:52 PM.
Old 02-01-2009, 06:58 PM
Registered Member

sojdm has disabled reputation

wild cams,high comp pistons,itb's,and bored out.
Old 02-01-2009, 07:54 PM
braap braap

Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod

Sure ITBs if you want to be some internet badass.
Real cars rock intake manifolds.. and guess what, 9 outta 10 they make a shit ton more power!
(im talking honda)
Old 02-01-2009, 09:18 PM
doesn't like 1911s

~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh

Originally Posted by Jarrod
Sure ITBs if you want to be some internet badass.
Real cars rock intake manifolds.. and guess what, 9 outta 10 they make a shit ton more power!
(im talking honda)
i don't really know about the performance gains...... but ITBs just look cool as hell imo. they remind me of old side draft carbs... and i like it
Old 02-01-2009, 09:59 PM
Registered Member

sojdm has disabled reputation

itbs sound good as hell especially on K-series
Old 02-01-2009, 10:06 PM
braap braap

Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod

Originally Posted by zc91crx
i don't really know about the performance gains...... but ITBs just look cool as hell imo. they remind me of old side draft carbs... and i like it
Originally Posted by sojdm
itbs sound good as hell especially on K-series
So that justifys the 1000 or so dollars that one must spend to get it?

9 times outta 10 the ITBs are on some drag car who makes more power through a intake manifold.
Old 02-02-2009, 04:09 AM
Registered member

sleekef is infamous around these partssleekef is infamous around these partssleekef is infamous around these partssleekef is infamous around these partssleekef is infamous around these partssleekef is infamous around these partssleekef is infamous around these partssleekef is infamous around these partssleekef is infamous around these partssleekef is infamous around these partssleekef is infamous around these parts

whoa.

GG on this thread someone write a novel..
Old 02-02-2009, 07:31 AM

dsmx17 dsmx17 dsmx17 dsmx17 dsmx17 dsmx17 dsmx17 dsmx17 dsmx17 dsmx17 dsmx17

Originally Posted by Jarrod
So that justifys the 1000 or so dollars that one must spend to get it?

9 times outta 10 the ITBs are on some drag car who makes more power through a intake manifold.
Dont bother trying to prove a point, he wont get it.
Old 02-02-2009, 10:21 AM
doesn't like 1911s

~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh

maybe this is a stupid question.... but how could you say an intake manifold with a single TB is going to make more power than 4 independently tuneable TBs with equal length runners?? i dont get it
Old 02-02-2009, 11:05 AM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

I think it's pretty much proven ITBs make more power, at least top end for sure. Whether or not they are worth the cost and trouble, who knows, probably not for your average person. I've also seen some interesting setups where people have ran ITBs INSIDE a plenum. See it more on turbo cars than NA.

Quick Reply: All motor build