Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Altenator

Old 05-09-2007, 06:31 PM
did you see that?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
enslavedmind has much to be proud ofenslavedmind has much to be proud ofenslavedmind has much to be proud ofenslavedmind has much to be proud ofenslavedmind has much to be proud ofenslavedmind has much to be proud ofenslavedmind has much to be proud ofenslavedmind has much to be proud ofenslavedmind has much to be proud ofenslavedmind has much to be proud ofenslavedmind has much to be proud of
Default Re: Altenator

bap-geon
Old 05-09-2007, 08:02 PM
Banned

Hi Skuuu has disabled reputation

Carquest offers a lifetime part warranty against defect or failure, as well as Napa. Half of the alternators that you think your getting a good deal on at Autozone are "reman's or refurbs".

They usually don't get thoroughly tested, they get sent to the warehouse and they only run one test on it normally if it doesn't fail, they'll clean it up and ship it out for resale. Most of them are cores and intermittently failed, where as Car quest or Napa (My recommended part supplier) thoroughly load test the alternators and reman the whole unit with the replaceable parts.

You also, may have a bad ground that you might not have hooked up. Sometimes people forget about that single black wire that bolts to the top of the alternator with a 10mm nut. Are you blowing fuses by the way? Also, don't try and re-charge a dead battery on an alternator. It will exceed its duty-cycle from trying to put out to much amperage and it will overheat, resulting in failure. I see it happen with my customers on the daily. Goodluck man.
Old 05-10-2007, 02:47 AM
Registered member

vietballer vietballer vietballer vietballer vietballer vietballer vietballer vietballer vietballer vietballer vietballer

thanks everyone, my altenator has a lifetime warrenty at auto zone. i guess i will go to a better parts supplier to get it.

no im not blowing fuses and i did connect the ground.
Old 05-18-2007, 05:22 PM
VTEC

diggity dave is on a distinguished road

my brothers old crx used to burn up alternators ,turned out to be he cheap alternators just burn out super fast as soon as he spent a little money on one it worked fine...yea i wouldnt go to auto zone or advanced for anything...my opinion bap geon of the dealer